The Top of the Order...TO YOU!

srock

Rickard is slumping, not terribly so, but his OBP is .296 the last 14 days.

Hardy is out.

Reimold is hot. Kim is hot. Limited PA's yes, but hitting enough to give them a shot, methinks.

Reimold

Kim

Manny

Rickard 9th

Corner outfield spots and DH rotate Reimold, Trumbo, Kim, Rickard.

54d421b63136b_-_thumbnailimage.png

Personally, I wish we had not signed Alvarez. I like him as a DH, but Trumbo is ALSO a DH. Reimold isn't pretty, but he looks like Willie Mays compared to Trumbo.

If Trumbo were the full-time DH, it would allow us to have better (but still below average) outfield defense and flexibility. Having Alvarez, IMHO, hamstrings Buck a little in that he has two similar players that rarely should play the field.

Personally, I wish we had not signed Alvarez. I like him as a DH, but Trumbo is ALSO a DH. Reimold isn't pretty, but he looks like Willie Mays compared to Trumbo.

If Trumbo were the full-time DH, it would allow us to have better (but still below average) outfield defense and flexibility. Having Alvarez, IMHO, hamstrings Buck a little in that he has two similar players that rarely should play the field.

Three players that should rarely play the field if you count Kim.

But you can get away with below average defense in corner outfield is most AL stadiums. Especially in the East.

Rickard and Reimold with Jones is an above average outfield defense in a big park.

Smaller parks, the delta between those two and Trumbo/Kim/Alvarez is smaller.

Three players that should rarely play the field if you count Kim.

But you can get away with below average defense in corner outfield is most AL stadiums. Especially in the East.

Rickard and Reimold with Jones is an above average outfield defense in a big park.

Smaller parks, the delta between those two and Trumbo/Kim/Alvarez is smaller.

The metrics have never loved Jones, they have hated Rickard so far and Reimold has never been confused with an above average defender.

I agree those three are the best choices from a defensive standpoint but I am by no means sure they qualify as being an above average unit.

The metrics have never loved Jones, they have hated Rickard so far and Reimold has never been confused with an above average defender.

I agree those three are the best choices from a defensive standpoint but I am by no means sure they qualify as being an above average unit.

Above average may be generous. How about, good enough?

Rickard is a bit of a wild card, he should be better then he has been and the sample size is to small to know anything for sure. I may be giving him the benefit of the doubt right now.

Above average may be generous. How about, good enough?

Rickard is a bit of a wild card, he should be better then he has been and the sample size is to small to know anything for sure. I may be giving him the benefit of the doubt right now.

Good enough sounds fine. :D

I also agree that Rickard should be better.

If it were me:

vs RHP

Machado SS

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Trumbo RF

Alvarez/Kim DH

Wieters C

Schoop 2B

Flaherty 3B

Reimold/Rickard LF

VS LHP

Rickard LF

Machado 3B

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Jones CF

Wieters C

Schoop 2B

Reimold RF

Janish SS

It may not be ideal to have Manny switching positions but it would probably only be once a week or so.

I think moving Manny back to lead off is a good idea. Put Rickard back in the 9 spot and let him continue to hit in front of the big bats but take the pressure off and get our best player the most at bats.

Machado

Reimold

Davis

Trumbo

Jones

Wieters

Schoop

Flaherty

Rickard

Lots of righties but Alvarez can pinch hit til he remembers how to hit and Kim could fill in for Rickard a couple times a week unless Rickard continues to struggle then it might be time to see what Kim can do with everyday playing time.

If it were me:

vs RHP

Machado SS

Jones CF

Davis 1B

Trumbo RF

Alvarez/Kim DH

Wieters C

Schoop 2B

Flaherty 3B

Reimold/Rickard LF

VS LHP

Rickard LF

Machado 3B

Davis 1B

Trumbo DH

Jones CF

Wieters C

Schoop 2B

Reimold RF

Janish SS

It may not be ideal to have Manny switching positions but it would probably only be once a week or so.

So you think Kim is a total waste? Some fans just don't want to give him even a

ghost of a chance. Wow.

I apologize I didn't see where you had him at DH Nick.

Yea it's rough that we have an injury yet that doesn't allow Alvarez/Kim/Reimold anymore playing time than before. I'd split Alvarez and Kim at DH the best I could, probably 70/30 in favor of Alvarez allowing Kim to play LF every now and then.

Archived