April 24th @ Seattle

mdterps4life25

Yes they are. We keep getting guys on and look like we're going to start something, but just can get anything done. We are 0 for whatever with runners in scoring position tonight...great

The best part about our fortunes is the next batter up for the O's is Melvin Mora. :rolleyes:

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, you do have a point when it comes to the overall "WTF?" factor.

But in Huff's favor, he managed to screw up 4 different things at once:

• He should've scored, but he didn't because he went back tag up at 2B.
  • Given that he screwed that up, he could've/should've been on 3B, but he got himself thrown out instead.
  • But because he should've stayed at 3B, AJ had to go back to 2B to let him.
  • Because AJ had to go back to 2B, Ramon had to stay at 1B, thus not getting the double that God intended.

So, as you can see, it's quite the list. Whatever means "one more than a trifecta", that's what it was. Not everybody can say they did that. Plus, the fact that he paused on his way from 3B to the plate to look over his shoulder, well, that was just the icing on the cake. All in all, I think it was hard to beat.

Wasn't there a triple play turned against the O's back in the early 90s that was caused by Chito's cluelessness on the bases and involved Brady Anderson literally trying to push him towards home from third base? My memory from back then is a little foggy, but I think that happened. At least Huff didn't cause a triple play.

Wasn't there a triple play turned against the O's back in the early 90s that was caused by Chito's cluelessness on the bases and involved Brady Anderson literally trying to push him towards home from third base? My memory from back then is a little foggy, but I think that happened. At least Huff didn't cause a triple play.

The season is young...

Good point. I concede.

Archived