April 24th @ Seattle

mdterps4life25

You guys got some 3D slow mo replay at home? Looked out to me.

I just watched it 6 times. The problem is that we have only 1 camera angle and, regardless of where Fahey tagged him, we can't really see it because Ichiro's leg is in the way. Looks to me like he was out, but by how much depends on exactly where Fahey tagged him. If Fahey got him on the back of his knee, then he's out by 18". But if Fahey's glove didn't touch him until midway up the back of his thigh, then he's out by just a couple inches. The only way he was safe is if Fahey didn't get him at all. He pulled his glove up before tagging Ichiro's rear foot, and the only reason he'd do that is if he just tagged him. And if he tagged him before he yanked his glove up, then he was out. (Too bad about not having an additional camera angle.)

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you are going to be in the cleanup spot you have to cleanup. Millar has left quite a mess on the basepaths.

Even Benji Molina is a better cleanup hitter than Millar. He's the worst cleanup hitter in all of baseball.

Paging Mr. Luke Scott... We have a cleanup that is needed stat!

Career wise he is a much, much better left-handed hitter (as in against RHP). His career average is over .300 against righties and ~ .270 against lefties. He also has much more power from the left side. This year is bizarro world.

Oh wow, there's a shocker, Nick walks! :rolleyes:

Maybe I had the side confused. I thought I remembered some stats from a while ago saying he was better from one side.

I wonder if he would do better if he just stayed on one side? Or does switching really help that much?

Must be hard to stay sharp from both sides of the plate.

This team deserves this failure year after year because they don't care enough to ever address it. Keeping Crowley means accepting this type of crap over and over again.

Kevin Millar is our cleanup hitter, there our bigger problems to the lack of hitting than Crowley.

Man this offense is going to be frustrating this year. I think we can officially disregard every spring when stories come out like "Melvin Mora is hitting .400!", "Aubrey Huff actually works out in winter months" and "Ramon Hernandez is in the best shape of his life!"

Archived