PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

In other sports.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717227-the-machine-of-87-messis-boyhood-teammates-recall-early-signs-of-greatness?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

It's a hardscrabble neighbourhood, although it's not a shantytown like, say, Villa Fiorito, where Maradona sprung from in Buenos Aires. Maradona grew up in the 1960s in a shack with no running water or electricity; he used to scavenge for pesos as a kid by selling scrap and the foil wrapping from cigarette papers, among other enterprises.

Messi wanted for nothing. He got a good schooling.

Many in Argentina will tell you that Messi will forever live in the shadow of Maradona unless he delivers a World Cup. Some Argentines prefer the roguery of Maradona, too. He has what is known locally as "viveza," an ability to get by on his wits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
43 minutes ago, weams said:

23 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

Trade Manny ???? ll :D

o

Trade him for Lance Lynn, then sign Alex Cobb to a 3-year contract to round out the rotation.

Bundy

Gausman

Cashner

Cobb

Lynn

If Lynn has (at least) a pretty good season, try to bring him back for 2019 and 2020. They could use a lot of money that they might have had to use if they had wanted to keep Machado.

o

37 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

Trade him for Lance Lynn, then sign Alex Cobb to a 3-year contract to round out the rotation.

Bundy

Gausman

Cashner

Cobb

Lynn

If Lynn has (at least) a pretty good season, try to bring him back for 2019 and 2020. o

Ok, but that might not be the order that rotation. 

43 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

Bundy

Gausman

Cashner

Cobb

Lynn

If Lynn has (at least) a pretty good season, try to bring him back for 2019 and 2020. They could use a lot of money that they might have had to use if they had wanted to keep Machado.

o

4 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

OK,  but that might not be the order that rotation. 

o

I know.

I put the other 3 pitchers ahead of Cobb and Lynn because they are already Orioles, as opposed to Lynn and Cobb whom I am suggesting that we find a way to acquire.

o

16 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I know.

I put the other 3 pitchers ahead of Cobb and Lynn because they are already Orioles, as opposed to Lynn and Cobb whom I am suggesting that we find a way to acquire.

o

13 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Youre ambitious. Any front office experience?

o

No.

I probably wouldn't be very good if I ever had the chance.

When Matt Wieters was a rookie in 2009, I suggested that the Orioles trade him to the Yankees for Mark Melancon. I like the notion of making pitching and defense a top priority, considerably higher than the other aspects of the game.

o

In all seriousness, what about offering them Beckham, and letting Valencia play 3B this year?  I could see pros and cons to that depending on what we could get back in return for Beckham.  Cons are that I have to believe Beckham will be better defensively than Valencia at 3B, plus he offers speed at the top of the order, whereas Valencia is obviously more of a 6-8 spot guy in the order.  And then there's the issue of needing a SS for 2019 if Beckham is traded and Manny rolls out via FA.  Still, Valencia's bat has been much better than Beckham's other than his first month here after the trade, and if we could get a decent SP prospect back from Minnesota, it might be worth at least discussing.....

Okay maybe not much better.  Valencia has 5.6 WAR in 8 seasons, Beckham has 4.5 in 4, BUT 2 of those wins were for us last season after the trade in a limited sample size, so you have to wonder if that's repeatable.

I dunno, I guess I'd lean towards keeping Beckham, but I guess it would really all depend on what you could get back from Minnesota.

15 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Bundy

Gausman

Cashner

Cobb

Lynn

o

Is this a joke?

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, esmd said:

Okay maybe not much better.  Valencia has 5.6 WAR in 8 seasons, Beckham has 4.5 in 4, BUT 2 of those wins were for us last season after the trade in a limited sample size, so you have to wonder if that's repeatable.

I dunno, I guess I'd lean towards keeping Beckham, but I guess it would really all depend on what you could get back from Minnesota.

I'm pretty confident Beckham will wind up being worth more as an Oriole than he currently is as a trade chip.