PED Suspensions Coming

Sessh

52 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

An award-winning lamb is currently under investigation and may be stripped of its title after veterinarians at the Logan County Fair in Ohio found illegal drugs in its system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/award-winning-lamb-under-investigation-for-performance-enhancing-drugs/ar-AAEEKOk

They used PEDs on a lamb to help the lamb win a contest. The prize: slaughter! That seems fair. Shouldn't it win another year of life or something?

On 3/7/2019 at 10:57 AM, atomic said:

Or doctors more willing to say they have ADHD.  ADHD diagnosis is an opinion. It isn't like having HIV or a Broken leg where you can say factually this person has it. 

Doctors make make money telling you that you have ADHD.  

I was "diagnosed" with ADHD back in the 90s. A therapist put me on Ritalin and all it did was make me hyper. It's like how Asperger Syndrome seems to be the new catch all. I have it, I know I have it, and I've been diagnosed with it. But others? Going to someone who specializes in working with people with A.S. is much more reliable than some regular doctor.

17 hours ago, Sessh said:

They used PEDs on a lamb to help the lamb win a contest. The prize: slaughter! That seems fair. Shouldn't it win another year of life or something?

So if a MLB or MiLB player easts a Gyro and tests positive, this might be grounds for appeal?  ?

18 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

An award-winning lamb is currently under investigation and may be stripped of its title after veterinarians at the Logan County Fair in Ohio found illegal drugs in its system.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/award-winning-lamb-under-investigation-for-performance-enhancing-drugs/ar-AAEEKOk

LOL - I drive by those fairgrounds every week while in OH but wasn't there to see the show.  Good one @esmd!  That excuse might work!

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Totally missed the news about Doc Gooden.  That's very sad.  

The 30 for 30 was fantastic.  But Doc looked terrible.  

Sad, but not surprising. During that 30 for 30 about Doc and Strawberry, Strawberry thought he was on the stuff when they filmed. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bend'em rules like Beckham - 80 game suspension

SEATTLE -- Tim Beckham, who has evolved into a utility player in his first year with the Mariners, was suspended for 80 games by Major League Baseball on Tuesday after testing positive for Stanozolol, a performance-enhancing substance, in violation of Major League Baseball’s Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Stanozolol is an anabolic steroid. The suspension is effective immediately, which means Beckham’s season is done, as Seattle has just 48 games remaining.

https://www.mlb.com/news/tim-beckham-suspended-80-games