vs. ATHLETICS, 5/08

Sessh

Schoop has not been tattooing the ball.

Prior to today's game (which is what today's lineup was predicated on), he had a 10-game hitting streak, but he was far from tattooing the ball.

The hitting streak prior to tday was nice, but it was not indicative of him tattooing the ball.

Compared to Jones he is. I also made my comment about moving them both up in the lineup BEFORE they both homered today. Buck will never do it, but I am increasingly fearful Jones is not just in a typical Jones slump but rather where he has altered something in his swing due to continuing to subtly favor the oblique strain he had.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Compared to Jones he is. I also made my comment about moving them both up in the lineup BEFORE they both homered today. Buck will never do it, but I am increasingly fearful Jones is not just in a typical Jones slump but rather where he has altered something in his swing due to continuing to subtly favor the oblique strain he had.

I was surprised Buck moved him down as far as 5th. ;)

I know you did, but you did not say that he (Schoop) was tattooing the ball before they both homered.

Saying that Schoop had been tattooing the ball prior to today is not accurate, hence not a premise for moving him ahead of Jones in the lineup.

He had a good early start to the season, then was awful for several weeks, and now he appears to be coming out of it.

I know you did, but you did not say that he was tattooing the ball before they both homered.

Saying that Schoop had been tattooing the ball prior to today is not accurate, hence not a premise to moving him ahead of Jones in the lineup.

He had a good early start to the season, then was awful for several weeks, and now he appears to be coming out of it.

Yes, but I did not require tattooing as my prerequisite to moving someone ahead of someone who is in a bad slump. But I know the reasons why Buck doesn't and as long as we produce runs we can afford to carry it a while longer and hope AJ breaks out soon.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have batted 3 times today and have already hit 1605 feet worth of home runs...</p>— Daren Willman (@darenw) <a href="

">May 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived