vs. ANGELS, 5/22

Sessh

So when the organization told him to stop throwing one of his best pitches (cutter), what do you think that did to Arrieta's confidence?

The Orioles organization does not have the track record of developing pitchers to be telling anyone they shouldn't throw a certain pitch. It's stupid

Right and Adair cost us a lot, but I think what we lost in Arrieta is somewhere between the way he pitched with us and how he is pitching with the Cubs today. Don't think it's safe to assume he would ever become as dominant here as he has in Chicago. I think there are too many factors in play to assume we'd have the best pitcher in baseball if we kept him.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly. Chicago told him to pitch how you know how and he became a Cy winner.

Cy Winner, and possibly the most dominating stretch of starting pitching ever. Since June 21 of last year Arrieta is 24-1 with an ERA of 0.98

They're never going to eat $20 million.

If the Dodgers offered Carl Crawford for Ubaldo straight up while picking up a portion of Crawford's salary, do you think the Orioles would say yes? That's the only way I can see the Orioles getting rid of Ubaldo. It would have to be for an equally bad short-term contract.

I'm guessing they also had a much better sports psychologist on retainer.

Or maybe the Cubs said pitch from whatever side of the mound you want and throw whatever pitches you want. Jokes aside

Nice to see the players don't want robo umps. Great news. Can we stop bringing it up now?

I am not for robo umps but you have to make them accountable for bad calls. They get reviewed but nothing happens. Laz Diaz is always one of the worst umpires but every year he is back.

Archived