vs. ASTROS, 5/26

Sessh

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Yankees">@Yankees</a> release OF Slade Heathcott.</p>— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) <a href="

">May 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He was Dylan Bundy. Or at least Bill Rowell.

Adam has been overrated Roy. Now he's becoming a BAD player.

He's hurting the team with his awful at bats in the middle of the lineup.

Buck gets paid to make tough decisions and he's got one that he needs to make.

Can you go read the Fangraphs piece about Jones that came out today?

Please?

Adam has been overrated Roy. Now he's becoming a BAD player.

He's hurting the team with his awful at bats in the middle of the lineup.

Buck gets paid to make tough decisions and he's got one that he needs to make.

He'll never sit Jones.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Updated as May 6th.. Big drop for Baumler due to velocity drop and lack of pitches thrown per start. A few new names break into top 30 and with the FCL playing one game, Almeyda and Wager (rehab) pop onto the list now that they've played. Liranzo should show up next week.
    • Irvin will be the one to go to the pen. You also wonder if the Os look to trade a trade a starter, especially if Povich and maybe McDermott show they can come up and help if needs be.  I tend to doubt the Os go this route but I wouldn’t completely dismiss it. They have to figure out some way to get in a real back end reliever to go with Kimbrel, Cano and DC.  They aren’t going to trade Mayo or Basallo and may not move Kjerstad for one either. So, that leaves a lot of other good prospects or taking from the Ml roster.  All of it makes sense on different levels.
    • Yea but for a piece that helps now.  I don’t think I trade him for a prospect package unless it’s some kind of high end pitching prospect that should be ML ready at some point this year or especially next year. That said, I don’t think that pitcher will be available for Santander, so getting something that helps now for him is something we absolutely should be looking to do. I would rather see Hays get back here, show he’s healthy and start performing and then move him though.  Santander has some leadership stuff you like.  
    • His statcast numbers are trending well. Only thing that’s surprising so far is that he’s not walking a lot.  
    • That new routine includes getting himself warmed up differently and more quickly than as as a starter. These nuances are why no one can assume a starter can just become a great reliever and automatically get a bump in velocity.  We also don't know how quickly he can rebound to be able to pitch again. Now, he hadn't pitched in a week yesterday so he should been fresh, so perhaps the new warmup routine did not see him fully warmed up. Or maybe a lack of adrenaline pitching late in a 6-0 game was why we saw about a MPH difference in his velocities? Suarez didn't miss many bats and actually missed none with his fastball. His fastball has typically gotten a lot of whiff.  The good news is he didn't allow any hits or walks, and needed only 24 pitches to get through 2.1 innings.   
  • Popular Contributors