vs. ASTROS, 5/26

Sessh

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WINGS gave Paul a new career. More years in the public eye.And some very good songs too.
Jimmy McCullough was a fantastic guitarist and I think Mull of Kintyre was Paul's biggest post Beatles hit.

I'm just giving a synopsis of what I read guys.

No need to defend Wings to me.

I've never cared for them and you won't change my mind.

Not everything is for everybody.

I just found the interview interesting is all.

Live and let fly.Orioles theme

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kWFehaQEMYI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_jZgeP8H8I8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Before the Cult removal.

Live and let die...Not a Number 1 hit..

While the 1973 single is one of the of the most famous James Bond film theme songs, it never reached No. 1 on the Hot 100 chart. (The famous British secret spy franchise wouldn't nab its first chart-topper until Duran Duran's "A View To a Kill" in 1985.) Rock band Guns N' Roses would later cover the song for its "Use Your Illusion I" album in 1991, and released it as a single later that same year. It peaked at No. 33 on the Hot 100.

9. "With A Little Luck" - Wings

Hot 100 Peak Position: 1 (two weeks), Peak Date: 1978

"London Town" single "With a Little Luck" was decidedly modern for McCartney and Wings, utilizing synthesizers throughout the 1978 track. Paul shows his emotional maturity on the song, acknowledging that relationships take work - and "a little luck." The single version, which is two and a half minutes shorter than the album cut, reigned on the Hot 100 for two weeks.

8. "Listen To What The Man Said" - Wings

Hot 100 Peak Position: 1, Peak Date: 1975

From Wings' 1975 "Venus and Mars" album, "Listen to What the Man Said" was recorded by the band in New Orleans, but McCartney was not happy with early versions of the song. After adding Traffic's Dave Mason on guitar and composer Tom Scott on soprano sax, the track was released and rose to No. 1 on the Hot 100.

7. "The Girl Is Mine" - Michael Jackson & Paul McCartney

"Say Say Say" earns the list's coveted top spot as Jackson's best-performing Hot 100 chart single. His duet with Paul McCartney led the list for six weeks beginning in December 1983.

Say Say Say

Archived