Runs allowed:

0: 0

1: 1

2: 1

3: 1

4: 5

5: 1

6+: 9

They've allowed 3 runs or less in only 3 of the last 18 games. 4 runs 5 of the last 18. 5 or more 10 of the last 18.

And it's not going to get much better. The next 13 games after the Yankees: 3 against the Royals, 7 against Toronto, 3 against the Red Sox.

I don't think the pitching is going to rebound anytime soon. Gausman struggling, Ubaldo is terrible, Wright is gone and most likely his fill in will be better, but not great. If Gallardo comes back, you can't really expect much from him considering his velocity is still poor.

This offense isn't going to score 6+ every night. It desperately needs Tillman, Gausman and Wilson to balance things out. Especially w/ O'Day on the disabled list.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some very concerning numbers over the last 18 games (total pitching):

Runs allowed:

They've allowed 3 runs or less in only 3 of the last 18 games. 4 runs 5 of the last 18. 5 or more 10 of the last 18.

And it's not going to get much better. The next 13 games after the Yankees: 3 against the Royals, 7 against Toronto, 3 against the Red Sox.

I don't think the pitching is going to rebound anytime soon. Gausman struggling, Ubaldo is terrible, Wright is gone and most likely his fill in will be better, but not great. If Gallardo comes back, you can't really expect much from him considering his velocity is still poor.

This offense isn't going to score 6+ every night. It desperately needs Tillman, Gausman and Wilson to balance things out. Especially w/ O'Day on the disabled list.

Well, well, you couldn't be happier. Except they still keep finding a way to win. But don't worry that can't last. Really why don't you find a team with GM you like, and root for them. It would make our lives less miserable.

You know what would make everyone's lives less miserable? If you stopped responding with emotional drivel. Or just stopped responding.

I bet most people who are Orioles fans, find you much more annoying. Want to do a poll and find out?

We've been hearing since 2012 that the O's success isn't sustainable, it's a fluke, etc. Sure, the starters are a mess right now, but with this team, being down 5-2 in the 6th, as they were last night, doesn't seem like a tall order. Then they went into the late innings tied, going against the supposed best short relievers in the game, and our duo of Givens and Britton outpitched them. The strength of our bullpen is certainly no fluke.

Runs allowed:

Runs scored over the past 22 games;

0: 1

2: 6

3: 2

4: 1

5: 2

Record: 12-10

We've scored 6 or more runs over the past 22 games the same amount of times that we've given up 6 or more runs.

Hader is purely pitch count issue and working on efficiency, and preference he do it in Biloxi rather than Colorado Springs. It was taking him ~85 pitches to get through 4 IP earlier in the year. He is now pretty consistently working through the fifth on that same pitch count.

Hader is purely pitch count issue and working on efficiency, and preference he do it in Biloxi rather than Colorado Springs. It was taking him ~85 pitches to get through 4 IP earlier in the year. He is now pretty consistently working through the fifth on that same pitch count.

I am concerned that another great one is lurking there. Good to see you.

Well, well, you couldn't be happier. Except they still keep finding a way to win. But don't worry that can't last. Really why don't you find a team with GM you like, and root for them. It would make our lives less miserable.

I hate to agree with Gordo, but he's dead on here. Your agenda is JTrea/AM level. At least JTrea brought other things to the table occasionally.

Runs allowed:

You could be right. But why can't we just wait and see how things work out?

I hate to agree with Gordo, but he's dead on here. Your agenda is JTrea/AM level. At least JTrea brought other things to the table occasionally.

I use statistics and facts. There is no agenda here aside from speaking the truth. Take from it what you want. All I want is the O's to be setup for future success instead of a huge crash coming in 2017/2018.

You could be right. But why can't we just wait and see how things work out?

Well, of course we will. Just saying the numbers are very concerning. Essentially most of us prior to the season were very worried about the starters. Unfortunately it's coming to fruition. Hopefully it's just a blip. I'm glad Wright is out of the rotation but I do worry about Gallardo coming back. He could be another big albatross in the rotation a la Ubaldo.

I have a vested interest here. I'm a season ticket holder...and having tickets to games that Ubaldo or Wright pitched is demoralizing.

I use statistics and facts. There is no agenda here aside from speaking the truth. Take from it what you want. All I want is the O's to be setup for future success instead of a huge crash coming in 2017/2018.

Last offseason was the time for that decision and several of us supported that course at the expense of this year. Didn't happen. We lost.

(Shrug)

Archived