Would you sign Matusz to a minor league deal?

Frobby

Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should the O's sign Matusz to a MiL deal?

• Sure, the cost is nominal so why not?
    • No, I am completely done with the guy

This poll is closed to new votes

I voted no, but a question that has to be raised is why would Matusz want to resign with the Orioles? His career didn't exactly thrive in the Orioles organization. I have no idea why, but if I were him I would already be packed the next chapter in my life.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I voted no, but a question that has to be raised is why would Matusz want to resign with the Orioles? His career didn't exactly thrive in the Orioles organization. I have no idea why, but if I were him I would already be packed the next chapter in my life.

He still made some pretty decent money, while here.

Next chapter of his life, is probably not going to be as productive money wise.

I would resign him as a starter. Have him only pitch in the minors as a starter and only bring him up if there is a hole in the rotation. In other words see if he can reinvent himself as what he has wanted to be every spring. Of course for him making that same agreement with San Diego would be better.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Telling that nobody claimed him yet we paid him that salary for 2 years.

Not really. It's arguable he earned his salary for the past two years and this year he started out hurt.

I'm in agreement with others who've said a minor league deal to see if he can start. Who are they waiting on, Wandy Rodriguez? There is nothing to lose and the depth isn't exactly beating down the door.

Not really. It's arguable he earned his salary for the past two years and this year he started out hurt.

I'm in agreement with others who've said a minor league deal to see if he can start. Who are they waiting on, Wandy Rodriguez? There is nothing to lose and the depth isn't exactly beating down the door.

Speaking of Wandy....

He is still in extended ST...all we hear is crickets? Is he looking that bad? Health concerns?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always laugh at these threads. It happens after we trade(dump)/cut/don't resign players all the time..why not resign Miguel, or Reynolds, or Jim Johnson?

Think about it from Matusz's perspective. He started off here as a number one draft pick starter. He ended up a Loogy the O's gave up a draft pick to get rid of. Why would he want to be here. If they thought he wanted to pitch in our minor leagues, that would have been worked out before they traded him. I always thought the same with Miguel. He served us very good for a few years, and was cut right before a big pay day. He likely hates the O's now.

I think Matusz won't have any trouble finding another team looking for a Loogy to take a chance on.

That said, if I were him..I would take a minor league deal on someone willing to give me a chance to start. Get him away from the O's and he will be the next left handed Jake Arrietta.

I always laugh at these threads. It happens after we trade(dump)/cut/don't resign players all the time..why not resign Miguel, or Reynolds, or Jim Johnson?

Think about it from Matusz's perspective. He started off here as a number one draft pick starter. He ended up a Loogy the O's gave up a draft pick to get rid of. Why would he want to be here. If they thought he wanted to pitch in our minor leagues, that would have been worked out before they traded him. I always thought the same with Miguel. He served us very good for a few years, and was cut right before a big pay day. He likely hates the O's now.

I think Matusz won't have any trouble finding another team looking for a Loogy to take a chance on.

That said, if I were him..I would take a minor league deal on someone willing to give me a chance to start. Get him away from the O's and he will be the next left handed Jake Arrietta.

Why wouldn't a team pick him off waivers if he's going to be a Cy Young winner?

• 8 months later...

Archived