Fire Sale

weams

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/with-padres-in-sell-mode-here-are-others-who-could-follow-shields-out-the-door

RHP Andrew Cashner

These players are listed alphabetically, but it is fitting we start with Cashner, who is a prime piece of trade bait. He's going to be a free agent after the season, and power arms are always in high demand. Cashner, 29, recently returned from a minor hamstring injury and has a 4.79 ERA (80 ERA+) in 47 innings this season.

Even though he's continued to be more potential than production, guys who consistently run their fastball into the mid-90s like Cashner always have suitors. San Diego could keep him and make him the qualifying offer after the season -- that's what the Padres did with Kennedy last year -- though I think Cashner's trade value is greater than the value of a supplemental first-round pick. Chances of being traded: High

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Shouldn't cost Gausman. Guy is in his walk year pitching in a pitcher's park. Numbers last season and current aren't anything to write home about. The lack of control last year and this year is alarming.

If he costs more than the value of a first round compensation pick I think he's out of Dan's range.

How much is that in International pool slots?

Cashner sucks. I see all his starts in SD. Good arm but he's still a thrower and not a pitcher. He also implodes the minute there is adversity and loses focus quickly.

He would get destroyed in the AL East. Orioles would regret that move immensely.

Cashner sucks. I see all his starts in SD. Good arm but he's still a thrower and not a pitcher. He also implodes the minute there is adversity and loses focus quickly.

He would get destroyed in the AL East. Orioles would regret that move immensely.

Sounds like a slightly more talented Mike Wright.

Is he better or worse than Wright?

You got one. His name is Yovanni Gallardo. Aren't you happy with him?

DD had plenty of an opportunity to address this in the offseason and your right, Gallardo was his great ineptitude shining through.

I don't want him trading at all, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DD had plenty of an opportunity to address this in the offseason and your right, Gallardo was his great ineptitude shining through.

I don't want him trading at all, period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want another starter.

Archived