vs. Red Sox, 6/16

Sessh

But you do understand my point don't you. A base hit to move the runner up from 2nd to 3rd but we still don't score during that inning

What is the point of that stat

Oh, yeah, I see. I agree. It's like bunting with one out. Agreed.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is how much I hate the stat RISP

we are 1-1 but didn't score. That stat means absolutely nothing

Indeed it doesn't because it does not differentiate between whether or not a run was scored. Like you said, a base hit with a runner on second where the run doesn't score still counts as a hit with RISP, but the point of

the stat (so I thought) was to determine how well a team scored runs when they had opportunities. Even with a guy on third, a soft infield base hit that the runner can't score on is also counted as a hit with RISP. A stat

that only factors in hits that score runs with RISP would be a more accurate and useful statistic.

Everyone getting K'ed by a pitcher who started the game with an ERA around 5.75. We'll be sure to do our best to lower his ERA tonight. Swinging when we shouldn't and not swinging when we should! These guys get themselves twisted around backwards and it's real hard to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Terrible at bats that inning. Awful. Schoop needs to learn occasionally that is ok, not a demeaning thing at all, to risk being called out on strikes rather than jump up and try to hit a pitch at your eye level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone getting K'ed by a pitcher who started the game with an ERA around 5.75. We'll be sure to do our best to lower his ERA tonight. Swinging when we shouldn't and not swinging when we should! These guys get themselves twisted around backwards and it's real hard to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We turned Matt Shoemaker into Clayton Kershaw. :P

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-angels-have-had-a-month-of-clayton-kershaw/

Archived