Would you trade for Andrew Miller again

atomic

He is pitching lights out again this year. Neither lefties or righties can hit him. Yankees are free-falling they and probably want to unload some guys.

If we got Miller all your starters would have to do is get to the fifth with lead and you throw: Brach, Miller, O'Day and Britton at them. Quite a challenge. The downside Miller has two more years at 9 million a season. But if he continues to pitch well you could trade him in the off-season for a team looking for a closer.

What would it take? If the O's win a competive balance pick would you give it up and a prospect to get him?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The O's are pretty well stacked in the bullpen. We should not use what limited bullets we have to strengthen a strength.

We need starting pitching. That's where the focus needs to be. I'm not sold that we are in the position to make any moves though. In fact, I'm actually against it currently.

Would love to have him back; would depend on the cost, and whether they can get a decent starter or not. I'd rather have the starter, but if they can't get anyone good enough to justify the cost, I'd be okay with getting Miller or someone else to strengthen the 'pen and shorten the game.

I think the Yankees would be hesitant to trade him to us BECAUSE he still has two more additional years on his contract. With him getting paid essentially O'Day money, we're apparently past our aversion to paying him that money.

From a fan perspective, I absolutely loved it down the stretch in 2014 when we had O'Day/Britton/Miller (not in that order, I'm aware) that would essentially shorten games. Throw in Brach now and games would essentially be over by the 6th inning if we had the lead.

Still, I'd imagine the Yankees would be very hesitant to send us Miller for the next 2+ years and I'd probably be very leery of the price they'd charge us to get him back. Still, was an absolutely awesome guy to have and it'd be fun as hell to have him back in our bullpen.

No, because he'll cost infinitely more than ERod did considering the number of years left on his contract. That and he's: expensive and injury prone.

Not much excess value on that contract. Word is the Yanks tried to move him during the offseason.

I think an ERod type gets it done again.

Of course the Red Sox were very high on ERod.

Not much excess value on that contract. Word is the Yanks tried to move him during the offseason.

I think an ERod type gets it done again.

Of course the Red Sox were very high on ERod.

That is a good point. Think his total salary back in 2014 was only $2m.

At 500 the Yankees are hardly in "free-fall"!

Well, they are nearly 8 games out and clearly are over-performing their PWL. 5th worst offense in the AL in R/G and average SP. If Cashman is any kind of GM, he'd abandon ship and sell high on guys like Chapman and/or Miller.

Well, they are nearly 8 games out and clearly are over-performing their PWL. 5th worst offense in the AL in R/G and average SP. If Cashman is any kind of GM, he'd abandon ship and sell high on guys like Chapman and/or Miller.

My fear is that Chapman goes to the Cubs. That would be scary as hell to face for any team.

My fear is that Chapman goes to the Cubs. That would be scary as hell to face for any team.

This is what is already scary about the Cubs:

Runs per game: 5.20

Runs allowed per game: 3.11

To put things in perspective, the O's have scored 5 per game and allowed 4.4 per game.

That Cubs team is the best team in baseball and it's not even remotely close, IMHO. Cleveland is pretty damn good, too.

Archived