Would you trade for Andrew Miller again

atomic

If you can get him for a decent price. Yeah it may take a hit on the minor league system but then I would look to move Britton in the offseason and recoup the players we traded to get him. Miller will most likely cost less then Britton over the next two years. Then I would lock Brack up and have a pen of Miller, Brach O'day and Givens for the next two years.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you can get him for a decent price. Yeah it may take a hit on the minor league system but then I would look to move Britton in the offseason and recoup the players we traded to get him. Miller will most likely cost less then Britton over the next two years. Then I would lock Brack up and have a pen of Miller, Brach O'day and Givens for the next two years.

This. I would rather have Miller at 2/$18M over 2017-18 and the net difference in prospects between two years of Britton and 2.5 years of Miller at $9M per year, rather than lose Britton for a comp pick (if they still exist) after 2018.

Britton will probably make around $18M over the next two years (figure $8M next year and $10M in 2018) and will bring more in return than Miller will cost to acquire. And we would be absolutely stacked in the pen for this season, turning the playoffs into 5-6 inning games.

He is pitching lights out again this year. Neither lefties or righties can hit him. Yankees are free-falling they and probably want to unload some guys.

If we got Miller all your starters would have to do is get to the fifth with lead and you throw: Brach, Miller, O'Day and Britton at them. Quite a challenge. The downside Miller has two more years at 9 million a season. But if he continues to pitch well you could trade him in the off-season for a team looking for a closer.

What would it take? If the O's win a competive balance pick would you give it up and a prospect to get him?

Not sure I would want him back.

I would be very surprised -- and, more important, I think the NYY fan base would be very surprised -- if Miller were traded, unless he brought back a very impressive trawl of prospects. Chapman is gone after this year. There is not much confidence in Betances as a closer. Over the next two years, Miller will help a low-scoring NYY team stay respectable, while his contract is consistent with the Steinbrenner goal of getting under the luxury tax threshold.

If the NYY do shed talent for prospects, they will start by offering Chapman and Beltran. There may be others, but Miller? Doubtful.

Let's trade for both Chapman and Miller..... (yeah no obviously that's fantasy land. How sick would that bullpen be.) anyway to answer the question probably no, I wouldn't just because of cost and our awful farm system. We have more need for a starter althought an elite BP arm would help us shorten the game, on top of getting O'Day back.

This is what is already scary about the Cubs:

Runs per game: 5.20

Runs allowed per game: 3.11

To put things in perspective, the O's have scored 5 per game and allowed 4.4 per game.

That Cubs team is the best team in baseball and it's not even remotely close, IMHO. Cleveland is pretty damn good, too.

They've lost 6 of 7 and now barely have the best record in baseball. They got off to an historic start, but they are no slam dunk to win anything other than being the "best team on paper".

I basically agree with you about the Cubs, but to say its not even remotely close is hyperbole. The Cubs dont even have the best record in the game. Currently the Rangers and Giants are better, and Id probably have to rate the Giants overall starting pitching, Madbum, Cueto, Zamardzija, and Peavey as slightly better than the Cubs.And by the way, Id be thrilled to death to face the Cubs in the World Series. That would mean WE won the A.L.. I still dont see THAT happening,but I can dream.

The Cubs are 48-26. 22 games over .500. San Fran is 49-28. San Fran is scoring 1/2 run less per game and allowing a 1/2 run more per game than the Cubs. :shrug:

Texas is 49-27. So 22 games over. Their pitching is allowing over a run more per game and offense scoring nearly 1/2 run less.

I don't know...I just think the Cubs are other-worldly this year.

The Cubs are 48-26. 22 games over .500. San Fran is 49-28. San Fran is scoring 1/2 run less per game and allowing a 1/2 run more per game than the Cubs. :shrug:

Texas is 49-27. So 22 games over. Their pitching is allowing over a run more per game and offense scoring nearly 1/2 run less.

I don't know...I just think the Cubs are other-worldly this year.

I still think they won't make it to the WS before everyone's deals are up

Archived