Kim?

cheecks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No errors. Makes the routine plays. Looks comfortable now. Hasn't made any spectacular plays yet. I am OK with that.

Yes. Some folks might not be. And I don;t really care what the numbers say. He hustles. Seems like a good guy, but not the defensive wizard those Korean gold gloves would indicate.

FOX Sports' Ken Rosenthal reports that Hyun Soo Kim is resisting a demotion to the minors.

Should Kim fail to acquiesce, the Orioles will be forced to either keep him on the active roster or release him (and cover his $7 million contract in the process). The 28-year-old outfielder is slashing a meaty .338/.423/.478 with 10 doubles, three homers and 11 RBI over 136 part-time at-bats. The outward numbers are respectable, making Kim's resistance to a demotion somewhat understandable. Jul 6 - 4:45 PM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/8631/hyun-soo-kim

What an oddly timed article, is there talk of sending Kim down? :confused:

Apparently they're quoting a 3/31 rosenthal tweet (the demotion discussion, stats are current). Hard to tell why they're quoting three months late, but word on Twitter seems to be that someone prominent retweeted the old tweet (in seeing Keri).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It would be quite unusual for a player who has gotten less than 2 PA/team game because he's been platooned and removed for defense often to suddenly be an all game every game fixture at the top of the lineup. It would be even more unusual for a player taken out of a part-time niche designed to maximize his successes continued to perform as well in an expanded role with no rest.

Do you think Buck will apply his April usage going forward? Instead of using less than 2 PAs a game, maybe we should use 3.17 PAs/game. That's what he's been averaging since the Houston series in late May.

Now, using that rate, he'd still not qualify. He'd be about 90ish PAs short.

In Seattle, I believe he made his first start against a lefty. If you apply his usage in July (where half the games have been against lefties), he is within about 50.

Is he likely to get there? Probably not. Would it take some historical pace to get there? Not at all. It really depends on how frequently we see lefties and how often he plays against them. And, of course, health.

Yes. Some folks might not be. And I don;t really care what the numbers say. He hustles. Seems like a good guy, but not the defensive wizard those Korean gold gloves would indicate.

According to wiki his last Korean Gold Glove was in 2010 when he was 22. Lots of guys aren't quite the same defender at 28 that they were at 22.

Do you think Buck will apply his April usage going forward? Instead of using less than 2 PAs a game, maybe we should use 3.17 PAs/game. That's what he's been averaging since the Houston series in late May.

Now, using that rate, he'd still not qualify. He'd be about 90ish PAs short.

In Seattle, I believe he made his first start against a lefty. If you apply his usage in July (where half the games have been against lefties), he is within about 50.

Is he likely to get there? Probably not. Would it take some historical pace to get there? Not at all. It really depends on how frequently we see lefties and how often he plays against them. And, of course, health.

I believe that he will be less rigorously platooned but still well short of an everyday, all game player.

Archived