Kim?

cheecks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I thought this was a pretty bright move on Buck's part.

Adam was in an unbreakable "hack at anything" habit.

The cure seems to have come from putting him in the 1 hole, and saying "show some discipline, we need base runners".

Adam is the ultimate team guy, so he did what was asked, and it worked.

But maybe he's over his hacking ways for a bit, and the team can slide him down to turn a few of those solo dingers into two and three run shots.

Adam started swinging more when he moved up in the lineup. His walk rate was higher when he was hitting lower.

Topic at hand, I don't like him much at lead off and doubt his spot in the order has much to do with the change in his fortune. He's a good hitter, he was bound to start hitting. The timing is likely coincidence. Unless he just forgot how to hit at other spots like he has throughout his career.

Adam started swinging more when he moved up in the lineup. His walk rate was higher when he was hitting lower.

Topic at hand, I don't like him much at lead off and doubt his spot in the order has much to do with the change in his fortune. He's a good hitter, he was bound to start hitting. The timing is likely coincidence. Unless he just forgot how to hit at other spots like he has throughout his career.

Pretty accurate.

Actually, over the last 30 games (roughly the time he's been in the leadoff spot) his walk rate is up (only slightly), and his strikeout rate is down (only slightly).

But his average is up a ton. (hacking restraint, and better contact).

I suppose it's possible that it was coincidence that his turnaround immediately followed the change in the order, but it would seem more likely that there was some relation. (whether psychological or otherwise).

Jones is hitting great at leadoff but he should realistically bat lower in the lineup.

I don't understand why Kim isn't hitting leadoff. He sees a ton of pitches and he leads the team in OBP. What am i missing here?

(Why Kim isn't playing everyday is another story altogether)

I think it has more to do with Adam than Kim. Adam needs an important role, and he is feeding off leading off. We have better options than him at 3-5. Kim is also a perfect #2 hitter. Smart. Left handed and not a lot of GDP.

Actually, over the last 30 games (roughly the time he's been in the leadoff spot) his walk rate is up (only slightly), and his strikeout rate is down (only slightly).

But his average is up a ton. (hacking restraint, and better contact).

I suppose it's possible that it was coincidence that his turnaround immediately followed the change in the order, but it would seem more likely that there was some relation. (whether psychological or otherwise).

2016 BB%

Batting 1st - 5.6% (177 PAs)

Batting 2nd - 0.0% (23 PAs)

Batting 3rd - 7.7% (117 PAs)

Batting 4th - 11.1% (18 PAs)

Batting 5th - 8.3% (12 PAs)

Archived