Schmuck from the Sun says trade Trumbo

Going Underground

a) Why would a contender who wants RH bat do a deal that helps us, another contender? Why not just make the same deal for Braun, Lucroy, Steve Pearce, Kris Davis etc?

b) How does this make sense for the Orioles, who would lose Trumbo's production? When have you ever seen a contending team trade a player in the top-5 MLB in HR?

Not sure where he was on the HR list but the A's did trade Cespedes for pitching a few years back.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should run for office, where you can hear that unnamed people were talking about something and have his people seriously look into it and when the public response is something about smoking crack you can say that you were against it all along.

Exactly!! The backlash came and he did a complete 180.

Not sure where he was on the HR list but the A's did trade Cespedes for pitching a few years back.

You are right, that was a shocking move at the time and would probably be the best comp. Still, Cespedes was OPSing .767 at that time, was a poor fit with Oakland's philosophy, and clearly needed a change of scenery. I just can't imagine the O's trading Trumbo, particularly since nobody of Lester's caliber appears to be available.

Trading anyone on the 25 man roster this season is insane. Unless they are upgraded in the trade. For now.

That's my biggest issue once you get beyond the question of what team(s) would be a match. I don't see losing Trumbos bat as being worth the marginal upgrade to the pitching names tossed around.

Jake Peavy when Matt Cain comes back. Belt to the OF and Blanco to the bench. Peavy is in the last year of his contract and the Giants have Cuato, Samardja, Bumgarner, Cain and bring Suarez back up?

Are you looking for the SF Giants fan board? Peavy has an ERA north of 5 and a WHIP north of 1.4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived