vs. YANKEES, 7/18

OFFNY

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We continue to just let this game go until we find ourselves suddenly at the back end of their pen. I hate the MFYs....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Unless they find themselves staring at the back end of our pen. I told my neighbor, the NYY fan that I'll put my pen against his pen any day.

1051.jpg

They are a bad matchup for the O's. They pitch better than we do, and our garbage pitching makes their hitting as good as ours.

Ya' mean, like 90% of all those OTHER teams in baseball (who oh by the way these O's have beat a whole lot more than they've gotten beat)?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Not saying it doesn't matter at all or anything, but I feel like I can't even trust established stats like OBP in the minors, let alone something as esoteric or flimsy as catcher ERA. More and more I just don't know how to interpret minor league stats, haha. 
    • I second this for exactly the same reason.  Pitch clock is easily the best thing that’s happened to the game in my lifetime.  
    • I wouldn’t call Flaherty a minor trade. He was a proven SP with playoff experience that was having a good year. He was exactly what we’re looking for right now. A SP to get us through the regular season with Game 3 upside. I will agree that we need to do better to win a WS. Probably a lefty with our ballpark.  To that point, Kjerstad is now a member of the mlb team. So is Povich. We’re not trading any of the big 3. How much does McDermott, Norby, Stowers, plus the rest of our 4-system buy us?  Probably not Logan Webb because of the contract, but I think it buys us Kikuchi, and two rental relievers. 
    • The we'd also part was me agreeing to his point about Ryan, even if I thought the salary numbers were high.  
    • I think he was talking about Ryan Mountcastle but I can understand the pivot.  It’s like the Elvin Hayes turn around bank shot.  It’s always there when you need it.  😀
    • Suarez minor league deal. Cole Sulser. Cesar Valdez. Jorge Lopez. There's a ton, even if some only work out for one year or so.  I think what happens is people look at this year and the lack of waiver/small trade/minor league deal success stories, which is true. Elias hasn't found that guy on waivers or trades this year... yet. 
    • If Urias and/or Mateo are released or traded, then Norby becomes important depth at both 2B and as a right-handed bat on a team with mostly lefty hitters. Norby is certainly a candidate to be traded himself, but I value him significantly more than any of Urias, Mateo, AND Hays, and Elias should as well. Other major league teams would certainly offer more in a trade for Norby than they would for Hays (and certainly also Mateo and Urias). So we should value him similarly. If there are no takers for Norby on the trade market, he has good value to the Orioles' major league roster later this season. Once Mayo is promoted, Norby's ability to play both corner OF spots and 2B with a quality righty bat actually makes him more valuable to this team than any of Mateo, Urias, McKenna, or Hays coming off the bench previously.  An eventual bench of Norby, Mullins as the 4th OF, and Billy Cook would be very strong and versatile. That's the bench of a team with the best offense in baseball, and one that can win a World Series even without a great pitching staff.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now