Offense not pitching will doom this team

evenparthrough9

I might have to agree with the OP. This team simply goes into these prolonged funks. Davis is the worst, but there's no one in this lineup that is tearing it up right now. We can hope that they hold off Toronto, Boston and even NY, but I'm not to confident with this offense.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, if we don't hit HR's, we don't score and this is VERY disconcerting come October when the air is cold and the ball isn't traveling as far.

We cannot manufacture runs and upton really would have helped with that issue. Our inability to steal bases and move runners is gonna kill us if we make the playoffs.

Coming to fruition. Mention this two weeks ago.

And we are still in first place.

The offense is going to have highs and lows. July has been a low, yet we've still played decent ball this month and lead our division by 2.5 games and have the best record in the AL. Is the offense going to be as poor in August and September as it has been in July? I doubt it. The current overall position of our offense (4th in the AL in R/G, 6th in OPS+) is just about what I expected before the season began.

And we are still in first place.

The offense is going to have highs and lows. July has been a low, yet we've still played decent ball this month and lead our division by 2.5 games and have the best record in the AL. Is the offense going to be as poor in August and September as it has been in July? I doubt it. The current overall position of our offense (4th in the AL in R/G, 6th in OPS+) is just about what I expected before the season began.

Baseball is a game of adjustments. The league realized that the O's were teeing off on them and made the adjustments. Why would you ever throw them strikes? Thats exactly what had happened. Case in point, Minnesota tonight, is laying off the bad pitches and teeing off on the strikes. Poor plate discipline, poor approaches. It never changes.

Baseball is a game of adjustments. The league realized that the O's were teeing off on them and made the adjustments. Why would you ever throw them strikes? Thats exactly what had happened. Case in point, Minnesota tonight, is laying off the bad pitches and teeing off on the strikes. Poor plate discipline, poor approaches. It never changes.

Well that's why the Twins are such a better team than us.

Archived