Offense not pitching will doom this team

evenparthrough9

You neglect to mention all of the double plays Henderson avoided by stealing secknd.

Rickey was not that easy to get a double play on even if he did not steal. Rickey was very good. One of the best of all time. In fact. The greatest.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is no excuse for the crappy play against the Yankees. The players make 1000 times

more salary then I ever did. So there is no excuse to not execute when needed. There

is absolutely no excuse to fail the fans like they do. They accepted that outrageous

salary so they are expected to produce. When I worked I was bullied, threatened to lose

my job and I was expected to have not 1 bad day if I wanted to work the next day.

So I had to deal with pressure and I earned a fraction of what ballplayers earn. So

I have no pity for ballplayers to fail in a losing streak. You fans can curse me out,

but I am sick and tired of the dissapointment of blowing first place and playing like a

last place team.

By this logic, the Yankees should beat us every time, since their team payroll is higher than ours.

Edit -- I see I'm not the only one who picked up on that.

Maybe the title of this thread needs to be inverted: "Pitching, not offense, will carry this team to a division title."

Over the last 13 games, the starters have a 2.88 ERA and have averaged 6 IP per start. And in this last turn through, they posted a 1.38 ERA in 32.2 IP.

I'm sure there will be some rough times ahead for our rotation, but I do think they may have turned the corner just a bit. And in 5 weeks, when rosters expand, getting deep into games won't be as important.

Maybe the title of this thread needs to be inverted: "Pitching, not offense, will carry this team to a division title."

Over the last 13 games, the starters have a 2.88 ERA and have averaged 6 IP per start. And in this last turn through, they posted a 1.38 ERA in 32.2 IP.

I'm sure there will be some rough times ahead for our rotation, but I do think they may have turned the corner just a bit. And in 5 weeks, when rosters expand, getting deep into games won't be as important.

Basically, we're going to do that 2014 thing all over again.

The offense still hasn't really snapped out of it. The Orioles have topped five runs just once in a nine-inning game this month; a 12-6 loss to Seattle. Jones is slugging .317 and Machado is slugging .316, with 3 XBH apiece. Wieters is 5 for 43 with five singles. We all know about Davis' problems. The offense is basically Schoop with some occasional contributions by Trumbo right now.

The offense still hasn't really snapped out of it. The Orioles have topped five runs just once in a nine-inning game this month; a 12-6 loss to Seattle. Jones is slugging .317 and Machado is slugging .316, with 3 XBH apiece. Wieters is 5 for 43 with five singles. We all know about Davis' problems. The offense is basically Schoop with some occasional contributions by Trumbo right now.

Well, Jones and Machado have an extra home run each, so yay? I dunno, the complete 180 seemingly all at once from great offense, poor pitching to poor offense, good pitching is a headscratcher.

Very odd. They averaged 6.6 runs a game in June and only 3.4 this month. Crazy difference. Some real reasons of course, competition, some injuries, ballparks etc. I know the June numbers wouldn't last but this month has been brutal.

Archived