Duquette on Hunter Harvey - "Looks like he's having TJ" (Surgery Scheduled)

McLovin

And the fact that the O's main issue with the pitch is not that it hurts your arm (not that I agree with their policy on the cutter).

And the fact that it's not the O's policy to try to rehab, they were acting on the recommendation of the man who knows more about this stuff than anyone.

Other than that, though...

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story. LOL Andrews recommended as you said rehab. I know it feels better to blame the Orioles. If the Orioles thought this was going to be the way this plays out don't you think they would have elected to get the surgery over with? I think people forget these are human beings and having this kind of career altering surgery shouldn't be done without some hesitation. I realize the recovery rate is pretty good. So is heart by-pass surgery but just don't do it just in case. Mentally it has to be tough on a 21 year old kid to know he is at least a year away from throwing a baseball and probably 2-3 from coming completely back. I will be rooting for you Hunter!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, so this was a joke... but for a group of guys with little to no sense of humor, I should have known better.

Of course this wasn't the HH's path, but it's not a bad ad lib for this organization over the last few years.

And clearly, the Britton bit was purely a joke.

:wedge:

Eduardo A. Encina ‏@EddieInTheYard 4m4 minutes ago

Hunter Harvey is slated to have Tommy John surgery on July 26 with Dr. Donald D?Alessandro in Charlotte, N.C. #Orioles

Eduardo A. Encina ‏@EddieInTheYard 4m4 minutes ago

Hunter Harvey is slated to have Tommy John surgery on July 26 with Dr. Donald D?Alessandro in Charlotte, N.C. #Orioles

Good. Now he can get on the right path to wellness.

It's hard to deny though, the cutter policy needs to get... cut.

:wedge:

For serious.

It makes me want to beat my head against the wall the way we continue to ruin good pitchers.

I guess. It also uses a round ball, so there is that too.

It's more about the spin and wrist motion. Cutters move left and right. Sinkers move down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sinkers also move left or right, but usually in the opposite direction of the way a cutter would move.

All right, let's get sort of back on topic.

On that note, it was probably not a great idea for dad to teach him the split finger fastball while recovering from an arm injury. Not the easiest pitch on the elbow.

All right, let's get sort of back on topic.

On that note, it was probably not a great idea for dad to teach him the split finger fastball while recovering from an arm injury. Not the easiest pitch on the elbow.

Probably. That pitch kills the ligament for sure. But it's a great pitch.

Wait, 2nd TJ or just his 1st? Wasn't he coming back from one?

Either way, this means he's not pitching until Spring Training 2018... and optimistically if he excels at every level he's not making the majors until mid 2019.

Wait, 2nd TJ or just his 1st? Wasn't he coming back from one?

Either way, this means he's not pitching until Spring Training 2018... and optimistically if he excels at every level he's not making the majors until mid 2019.

I expect to see him in the majors in 2019. Without much of a team.

I expect to see him in the majors in 2019. Without much of a team.

He'll be a big part of a rebuild. If we have to go through one, I want to be a team like the Brewers who has some nice young pieces ready to right the ship after a couple rebuilding years...not an awful team that isn't fun to watch.

Archived