O's go for 18 over tonight

wildcard

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Totally random but I wonder if the stifling heat/humidity affects teams from out west when they come here. Probably not, but it is much different in the crisp air out there.

I do think we have the advantage in that weather.

I do think we have the advantage in that weather.

I suppose if it's a team that travels a lot to the mugginess... they get somewhat used to it. Like the Angels playing the Texans, etc. But for divisions like the NL West, they travel to NO cities in high-humidity areas. So I do believe that would be a pretty big drag on their performance.

When I first moved back to Maryland as an adult (from Northern California), I arrived in the summer. My primary thought for about three months was: What's the deal with this air? I never remember experiencing high-humidity Maryland summer heat. It was alien to me. I told myself: I can only do ONE summer of this, then I'm heading back to Sonoma County. Well, that was over 25 years ago now. Maryland rules. We've got oceans, mountains and more flora and fauna varieties than any other state, I believe. Maryland gave the world Babe Ruth. Old Bay. The Orioles. Oh yeah: We've TWICE laid claim to the capital city of the United States (Baltimore and Annapolis). Many of America's greatest universities call Maryland home. We have the Chesapeake Bay, the largest estuary in the U.S. So... ya know. We got that going for us.

Archived