Erasmo Ramirez

wildcard

Absolutely not! This type of trade is a "make a trade just to make one." No way you give up a good arm like Wright for this guy. That is the type of strategy that has caused up to move good arms in the past. DD either gets a salary dump or just needs to stand pat. He's the genius that ignored starting pitching in the offseason.

YOu are joking of course? Mike Wright is awful and has done nothing but stink up the place and is the same age as Erasmo. If you offered up Wright for him all you would get is a dial tone. Erasmo is a good pitcher. He has been mis-used by the Rays manager this year. Pitching muliti-innings many times in one week.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't say I wouldn't trade Mancini. I just would not do it for a borderline starter which is what Erasmo is.

Mancini may help the O's win the division come September. He can platoon with Pedro.

Erasmo was very successful as a starter last season. The Rays have 7 or 8 guys who are major league quality starters. He would be starting on any other team.

Pipe dream.

DD says they plan to sign him. I didn't think they would sign Davis. I didn't think they would spend 140m on salaries this year. But they are. Its hard to say they will not sign Manny when he wants to stay with Schoop and the rest of his teammates. The O's are completely unpredictable when it comes to signing Manny.

I like Mike Wright. I still think there's potential there as a starter. And he could certainly be a lights out reliever. He could ramp it up to 97-98 for 1 inning of work, I think.

I would not trade Wright for Ramirez.

I would definitely not trade Mancini for Ramirez. Mancini has the potential to be a great bat, a Mark Trumbo type bat. You could potentially have that on the cheap for the next 5 years. No WAY would I trade him to TB unless it was for Matt Moore.

I'm with the no Mancini / Sisco for Ramirez. I used to be for these deals but we've not benefited from them and now we have a diminished MiLB system. If they Rays have that many pitchers stacked up in their MiLB system, perhaps we should evaluate hiring those guys into our system. I used to feel lucky we had Peterson in our system but lately it doesn't appear to be as big of an asset as it used to be. Or, perhaps we're drafting less quality players (lower pick in the draft?)and he can't turn water into wine.

That's how a GM thinks. You have to be thinking bigger picture vice tunnel vision taking over where you give away every prospect as fast as you can.

Do you realize how many first year players are on the O's roster? Givens, Bundy, Rickard, and Wilson. And that does count the additions of Trumbo, Kim. Worley and Despaigne that Dan made. I say he has the big picture covered very well.

All the guys you mentioned are going to get between 5-8m per year next year. Mancini will make 507.5K depending on what he new CBA says. He money is important to the O's. Heck, DD trades away draft choices for less.

Erasmo is no sure thing, I agree with the comparison to Worley. Probably will help but may not even be in the rotation next year.

Erasmo is more of a sure thing than Mancini. He has pitched successfully at the ML level for several seasons. Mancini hasn't hit at the ML level yet. Maybe he will. If I sign Beltran for two years I know he will. Erasmo is not in TB's rotation because they have much better starters. He would be in ours.

I like Mike Wright. I still think there's potential there as a starter. And he could certainly be a lights out reliever. He could ramp it up to 97-98 for 1 inning of work, I think.

I would not trade Wright for Ramirez.

I would definitely not trade Mancini for Ramirez. Mancini has the potential to be a great bat, a Mark Trumbo type bat. You could potentially have that on the cheap for the next 5 years. No WAY would I trade him to TB unless it was for Matt Moore.

You aren't going to get Matt Moore for Mancini. This is just getting ridiculous.

I'm with the no Mancini / Sisco for Ramirez. I used to be for these deals but we've not benefited from them and now we have a diminished MiLB system. If they Rays have that many pitchers stacked up in their MiLB system, perhaps we should evaluate hiring those guys into our system. I used to feel lucky we had Peterson in our system but lately it doesn't appear to be as big of an asset as it used to be. Or, perhaps we're drafting less quality players (lower pick in the draft?)and he can't turn water into wine.

The GM who drafted all those guys is now with the Dodgers. I don't know if he has taken his scouts with him but I am sure some have left.

Erasmo=Vance

That's not a negative. We need another Worley type. A 4/5 SP that can also give you solid middle relief. We're over thinking what it would take to get him.

The Rays are either going to trade him now, trade him in the winter, or non tender him. They're really good at team building and have a slew of arms. I don't think they can afford, or want, to pay him 4 million next year.

I would in a second. Quality starter for borderline first base prospect ( a position that is filled for years to come). I don't think the Rays would do that deal.

Quality starter? This guy is not even a starter on the last place team.

Archived