Reimold

Fliqan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess you've never heard of autocorrect? And since I can't edit, I figured you smart enough to figure out who I meant. Guess I was wrong.

Well, I was smart enough to know who you meant by your post BUT with another player being in MiLB with the name you handed out I thought it prudent to at least give his stat page so people that post could see what his numbers are. Guess you do not get the sly humor involved in such things. Your loss.

Well, I was smart enough to know who you meant by your post BUT with another player being in MiLB with the name you handed out I thought it prudent to at least give his stat page so people that post could see what his numbers are. Guess you do not get the sly humor involved in such things. Your loss.

That wasn't your intent. But moving on.

If we can get real for a moment, Nolan Reimold is a decent offensive corner OF who has always been a bit streaky and is currently in a slump. He's not that good defensively, but better than Trumbo and probably Kim. Rickard is hurt and there's nobody in AAA banging down the door, so Reimold will continue to hold down a spot and hopefully breaks out of his slump and gets hot. My guess is Rickard returns around the time rosters expand and Reimold plays very little after that.

Craig Gentry was released by the Angels. He has been injured a lot and has played poorly the last couple of years. However, his skills (defense and speed) would fit what the Orioles need in an extra outfielder more that Reimold.

If Rickard doesn't get hurt perhaps they never go after Pearce. Who knows if Nolan would still be here. Nolan has had a lot of bad luck in his career. He isn't a guy who mashes lefties and struggles vs righties. I never thought he was a great defender when he was younger. This really isn't the best situation for him. He is being used in a role more due to the limitations of his teammates than his skill set. That being said at this stage in his career I am sure he just happy playing somewhere. As long as they keep 7 pitchers he should be fine. Can't assume Rickard will be ready to play right off the DL.

Rosters will be expanding when Rickard comes back from te DL as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because the Tides don't have a 1b except for Mancini. That and there is a logjam down there in the OF, with Walker, Avery, Alvarez, etc. down there.

Walker could go back to playing 1b.

I would also look into making a waiver wire trade.

Wonder if markakis would be a candidate?

Would give us another lefty bat and would be a better outfielder than reimold for sure.

But if not him, we should definitely be able to find someone

Archived