at. ATHLETICS, 8/11

Sessh

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the big lead the Orioles have, should they put in Ubaldo and let him pitch the last three innings?

He did that on 9 days' rest.

He is on 3 days' rest right now.

While I don't necessarily think that he should get 9 days' rest in between games, perhaps he should get at least 4 or 5 ...... even if he is only pitching 3 innings at a time.

But the thing is Ubaldo only threw 26 pitches on Sunday. That's basically the equivalent of a regular two inning outing. He should be pretty fresh.

I know, but still ...... considering the fact that (outside of a handful of games) he has been absolutely horrible this season, I'd rather they baby him as much as possible ...... especially since his last 2 outings (a 5-inning start on July 28th, and a 3-inning bullpen stint on August 7th) have been good.

I think that his confidence may just beginning to be getting restored. If he is going to be doing long stints out of the bullpen, I'd like to see him get at least 4 or 5 days' rest in between outings, similar to what they did with Bundy earlier this season.

o

13 out of the 21 outs that Tillman recorded came via the ground ball and the strikeout.

21 OUTS: 9 Groundouts, 4 Strikeouts, 4 Flyouts, 4 Lineouts

CHRISTOPHER STEVEN TILLMAN oo (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:l 7

H:;; 5 ll(1 Home Run, 4 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB:)0

SO:)4

Pitches: 108 (68 Strikes, 40 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.46

PITCHES BY INNING

10 (71 Strikes, 3 Balls)

17 (10 Strikes, 7 Balls)

12 (81 Strikes, 4 Balls)

19 (11 Strikes, 8 Balls)