Orioles playing .435 baseball since July 1st

Tony-OH

Want to know why you don't feel good about this team? The Orioles are now 20-26 (.435) since July 1st. They are 4-8 against AL East teams over the same period. This is not a slump.

So basically... All you are saying is losing 5 games this week instead of splitting series with Red Sox and Settle made us a sub .500 club. Color this stat unimpressive in 162 game season. It was a bad week.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So basically... All you are saying is losing 5 games this week instead of splitting series with Red Sox and Settle made us a sub .500 club. Color this stat unimpressive in 162 game season. It was a bad week.

No, I don't think he said that.

That's what the numbers say. Panicking over a week is pointless. Especially with a team that can go on 7 game winnings streakes as they have couple of times this season.

It's not just about 1 bad week. They played below .500 for months now.

When you started the mediocre thread they did great. Then you started the Orioles are going to be in the World Series thread and they sucked. What you say now? :confused:

LOL, that did come to mind for me. Maybe Tony can be the new Roy and everything will be well after all. :):boogie:

Whatever makes you sleep easier at night. What I showed is this team has not been good since July 1st. This isn't a bad week. They have not been good against AL East teams over the same period. You can say what if this or that, but at the end of the day you have almost two months of less than mediocre ball.

When you started the mediocre thread they did great. Then you started the Orioles are going to be in the World Series thread and they sucked. What you say now? :confused:

I had no idea I actually controlled the Orioles fate, but clearly I do. lol

Since I do, I going to say it again, this team is mediocre at best.

It's going to go down to the wire

The Yankees now have a bunch of young up and coming players that will play hard to the final wire.

The O's have 4-5 guys who know they won't even be offered a contract next year. They might start mailing it in in about a week.

And Buck will never throw in the towell and audition young guys for next year. He'll be starting Pearce, Wieters, and the rest up till the last game of the year

You prefer Buck to say oh screw it and just mail it in? Who do you want Buck to play? Roster expands next month.

Want to know why you don't feel good about this team? The Orioles are now 20-26 (.435) since July 1st. They are 4-8 against AL East teams over the same period. This is not a slump.

I just hope Angelos doesn't do something stupid by firing DD and Buck.

Whatever makes you sleep easier at night. What I showed is this team has not been good since July 1st. This isn't a bad week. They have not been good against AL East teams over the same period. You can say what if this or that, but at the end of the day you have almost two months of less than mediocre ball.

They can't see you with the orange glasses on, Tony. Don't you know that by now? ;)

The Orioles need to rebuild this offseason or prepare to endure another decade of losing. Machado cannot save us (obviously) neither can keeping Jones or Britton. Hard decisions must be made for the future of the

organization. Trades need to be made and a lot of them, but many people here seem content to be in denial about the big-picture situation in Baltimore and hold on to the players we have now that can't save us by

staying here, but they can by being dealt and only then. Sinking $400M+ into one player with this team around him is ridiculous when in a trade, he can fix a lot of problems as can the others.

The Orioles may get hot again, but right now, this is one of the worst teams in baseball that simply don't want it more than the teams they are playing. Blame the umpires if you want, but it changes nothing. Three of the

four calls tonight were correct with the Schoop play at first being the only one they may have got wrong. The other three were 100% correct despite what those homers in the booth thought. Hunter and Bordick have

zero credibility and same goes for Dempsey blaming the umpires and crying about a conspiracy to avoid seeing the reality about this team. It is collapsing because outside of hitting solo home runs, the team just isn't

very good. Going 1-6 on this home stand against teams directly competing against them says a lot about this team right now.

I cannot bear to go through another decade of losing especially seeing how all this is going down. It is all preventable and can be significantly mitigated this offseason, but I don't believe there is a brain between the three

of them in the FO at this point and aren't smart enough to do what needs to be done. It was hard enough the first time, but again under these circumstances? Forget it. This offseason will fully determine all of these

things.

I just hope Angelos doesn't do something stupid by firing DD and Buck.

I would fire both in a heartbeat if an elite GM like Brian Sabean or John Mozeliak or Neal Huntington tells the Orioles they're willing to come here as President of Baseball Operations. A truly great baseball executive would have a much bigger, more positive impact on the long-term future of this team than either DD or Buck would.

Usually with baseball my head is the pessimist and my heart is the optimist. The head says "They're probably not good enough" but the heart says "Why not?"

Right now I feel like it's the opposite. My head says that almost every team probably goes through a 20-26 stretch during the season and that the same team that climbed to first place with Ubaldo Jimenez, Mike Wright, and Tyler Wilson in the starting rotation surely has a solid chance of holding onto a playoff spot with an improved rotation. But my heart sees the downward trends and feels like there might not be enough left in the tank.

Archived