Could we sign Wieters back for something like 3/35? Should we?

FanSince88

He's a cheap and serviceable backup catcher. This year has been a bit of a mess, between irregular playing time and his injury. I would strongly suspect that, given a backup/platoon role next year, he'd produce far more like he has the last two seasons. Which, while far from great, will get the job done from a reserve role.

Agreed. He's better than he's looked this season. That said it's worth noting he is also on the wrong side of 30.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. He's better than he's looked this season. That said it's worth noting he is also on the wrong side of 30.

He is, but I don't think anyone would advocate for Joseph to be anything more than a No. 2 catcher. And only for another season or two, before a more permanent solution is found for No. 1 (hopefully Sisco, but we'll see).

In Wieter's case, I believe most of them have been bombs, like the one that landed on Eutaw street, that wasn't a cheap fielders choice that scored the man from third.

So was he NOT clutch the many times he made an out when he had a chance to tie a game or give the Orioles a lead late in a game?

Archived