Tommy Hunter Released by Indians- SIGNS with Orioles to be Eligible for Postseason.

Rene88

Nice one.

I was grateful to see that his uptick in velocity hasn't dropped over the years since he switched to the pen. Despite some difficult ERA stints, his FB is still sitting 96-97.

Hopefully he can regain his 2013 form.

He can kick like a mule

It's a real mean team.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have recalled RHP Oliver Drake from Norfolk, and designated LHP T.J. McFarland and OF Julio Borb?n for assignment.</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="

">August 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> have recalled RHP Oliver Drake from Norfolk, and designated LHP T.J. McFarland and OF Julio Borb?n for assignment.</p>— Norfolk Tides (@NorfolkTides) <a href="
">August 28, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reimold in CF today...hopefully a signal that AJ is OK.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• So you’re against Kjerstad coming up too?   We know Kjerstad isn’t as good a LF as Cowser.   How could they  go for offense when we have scored the most runs in baseball.  Makes no sense.
    • When did I assume he’ll hit right away.  I assume that he has a lot more upside offensively than Urias.  He might get to it he might not.  I know Urias won’t get to it because he doesn’t have it. Mayo is going to make more errors than Urias.  That’s almost certain.  He has a better arm and he might get to more balls and make more plays.  Neither of us knows.  What I do know is that Tony thinks he can be average and most outsiders seem to think he can play an adequate 3B.   An adequate 3B or average 3B would be a nice way of describing Urias at 3B the last 1 1/2 years despite his fielding percentage.
    • Just bumping this back up. 5.2 today and more importantly only 1 walk. He's probably going to stay in the rotation when Kremer gets back and Suarez to the BP. All of that could change obviously.
    • This is the thing that gets me. At some point Holliday will play 2nd. This year I hope but soon. Westburg has already shown a quality glove on the dirt. Elias has said Mayo will play in the middle of the order. Elias said Mayo has been working out some in the OF. What evidence is there he is going to be playing 3rd base here?      I love the kid and have high hopes. Maybe 2/3 years he takes over at 1B. Who knows. I don’t get this idea we need him now. 
    • With that logic, Mayo, Norby, and Holliday won’t play until Mateo and Urias hit free agency.   It’s June 24.  Long way to go.   Mayo might struggle.  He also might pull an Evan Carter.   He might make errors.  We’re playing for October, next season etc.  Just like Kjerstad, these guys are as ready as they’re ever going to be.  Please, spare me the Hays .967 OPS since he came back.  He can’t play everyday because he’s not that good and his defense is slipping.  You have no idea if Norby is a worse LF.  One thing for sure, he’s faster than Hays.  Well, who isn’t?  Oh, Urias. You can play the panic card.  I’ll play the afraid to make changes card.   If you don’t think Mayo will be a better overall 3B than Urias then Mayo is either an atrocious 3B or highly overrated offensively.   It might get a little stormy but there’s a bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow.   With Urias, no storm, but a steady drizzle that never ends.   
    • You’re right that it is all part of the normal ebb and flow of the season, but that number can be kind of deceiving too. They have scored 69 runs in their last 13 games (going back to the Braves series). 66 of those were scored without the ghost runner (first 9 innings of the game). 36% (24) of those runs scored in the last 13 games came in the last NYY game or the 8th inning against Houston. They’ve had a tough schedule but those 10 innings heavily skew their recent numbers and I think that is why it kind of feels worse than the overall numbers show. They had one great game and one amazing inning, other than that, they have not been very good the last 2 weeks. 
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now