Tommy Hunter Released by Indians- SIGNS with Orioles to be Eligible for Postseason.

Rene88

Nice one.

I was grateful to see that his uptick in velocity hasn't dropped over the years since he switched to the pen. Despite some difficult ERA stints, his FB is still sitting 96-97.

Hopefully he can regain his 2013 form.

It made too made too much sense. Trust him more than the others we were running out there. He throws strikes. Glad he is back.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy's stuff looked good today. 96-97 on the heat and some live breaking stuff, aside from the hanger that Sanchez hit. Glad to have him back and sure hope he can give the pen a boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He may let up hits but he isn't going to give the other team help with free passes.

According to this article in MLB Trade Rumors, the move for McFarland leaves him in DFA Limbo for Ten Days or until the Orioles decide what to do with him. He can be optioned , released, traded, or if unclaimed on waivers designated to a MiLB Club.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/08/introducing-mlbtrs-dfa-tracker.html

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/dfatracker

Or just a September callup?

Tommy's stuff looked good today. 96-97 on the heat and some live breaking stuff, aside from the hanger that Sanchez hit. Glad to have him back and sure hope he can give the pen a boost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice changeup to somebody for strike 3.

You aren't adding anything that I don't know.

I was adding for the good of the board and trying to put it in some sort of context. Since you seem offended by addressing it to you, I probably should not quote you in the future. Sorry to offend, not intentional.

o

I called him Tommy "Throwin' Strikes" Hunter when he used to pitch for us.

Now, he's back with us.

And in his first outing back with the team ........ ) 27 Pitches (21 Strikes, 6 Balls.)

Also ........ "Bear Claw"

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SvtcMI-UUic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I thought Hunter looked same as always today. He got away with a couple of breaking pitches that hung, and didn't get away with one but it stayed in the ballpark. He's an upgrade over the likes of Ondrusek.

Which doesn't explain why a playoff team in a playoff hunt, would DFA him?

Did they really have too many arms in their pen?

Which doesn't explain why a playoff team in a playoff hunt, would DFA him?

Did they really have too many arms in their pen?

Apparently yes. They wanted to give his 40 man spot to a younger player and let him go before August 31 to sign with a team.and still be eligible for the playoffs.

Apparently yes. They wanted to give his 40 man spot to a younger player and let him go before August 31 to sign with a team.and still be eligible for the playoffs.

That was nice of them, so he is eligible for the playoffs against a competitor and can face them in the playoffs.

Ive seen this before, but only from non playoff teams

Archived