E Santana to O's?

Rene88

If Angelos is willing to pay for Ervin I would have no problem with trading for him. You could move Bundy back to bullpen and the bullpen gets a lot better with Bundy and Hunter. Problem is next year when you have 7 starters.

I would suspect if the Orioles acquired Santana that they wouldn't be on the hook for his entire salary.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Angelos is willing to pay for Ervin I would have no problem with trading for him. You could move Bundy back to bullpen and the bullpen gets a lot better with Bundy and Hunter. Problem is next year when you have 7 starters.

Having too many starters is never a problem, especially when so many of them are shaky.

At this point, none of these are really "bad contracts." Miley, Gallardo, and Jimenez are only signed through next year. We should definitely have interest in Santana. Depends what he costs, though.

Having any one of the contracts isn't a big deal...having 3 with the possibility of a fourth one is unsettling. I mean, the 3 we have now are the worst of them but Santana isn't a slam dunk in this division. If they could move one of the current contracts, I would be happy.

If we combined all of our money that we have invested in mediocre veteran SPs and used it on a true top of the rotation pitcher, would we be a 1st place team?

Yes. But that starter would be signed for the next 6+ years, unlike Gallardo and Ubaldo who's deals are up after next year.

Having any one of the contracts isn't a big deal...having 3 with the possibility of a fourth one is unsettling. I mean, the 3 we have now are the worst of them but Santana isn't a slam dunk in this division. If they could move one of the current contracts, I would be happy.

Given the lack of depth in the farm system and the lack of quality options on the free agent market this upcoming offseason, I would consider it a plus to add Santana to the mix. Again, I don't think it's a big deal as far as Miley, Gallardo and Jimenez are concerned. They will all be cleared off the books after 2017. If the Orioles want to compete next year, they should absolutely look to acquire Santana. We are desperate for pitching. Unless, of course, the goal is to rebuild, in which case none of this even matters.

Archived