Will the fans show?

Todd-O

This is assuming that their operating costs remain stagnant from year to year. Not likely in Baltimore City.

It's not. Revenue is before expenses. We're talking about ticket revenue. I also doubt they have significant fluctuation in their operating costs given that most of their vendors are likely under long-term agreements and their lease on the stadium is likely very long-term. Pay raises for staff will drive up operating costs some, but I imagine that the people employed by the team not on contracts (the operations side) see relatively modest raises.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's not. Revenue is before expenses. We're talking about ticket revenue. I also doubt they have significant fluctuation in their operating costs given that most of their vendors are likely under long-term agreements and their lease on the stadium is likely very long-term. Pay raises for staff will drive up operating costs some, but I imagine that the people employed by the team not on contracts (the operations side) see relatively modest raises.

Vendors are Delaware North employees.

Other teams do Senior Discounts during the week. Star Wars day,Church Day, Pups in the park,Christian Day with a concert. College Rivalry Day.

Tickets being resold isn't a new trend, though. For years people would just sell them in front of the stadium.

Yeah at Memorial Stadium we would come in the second inning and low ball the scalpers. We usually got in well below ticket price.

That issue is really an overarching baseball problem and not just specifically ticket sales. We should be catering to that demographic so as to cultivate a new fan base (we could start by overhauling the Orioles social media department, because it's garbage).

I feel like there has to be a better way than sticking with antiquated methods to appease said demo. SeatGeek is the way to go for anything you need a ticket to get into, and it's really not that hard to use. It just takes basic computer skills to do, nothing fancy.

New York says they are targeting more affluent more discerning fans.

New York says they are targeting more affluent more discerning fans.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time their seats are replaced with massage chairs that only accept $100 bills, 5 of them at a time.

No wonder so many of their fans travel down to the Yard. Couldn't imagine rooting for a team that prices me out.

IMO, I dont believe the Orioles ownership cares about the actual ticket sales.

TV money is paying the bills.

They are trying hard to put a winner on the field and have spent the money on the payroll?

What have their done about ticket plans, ticket discounts, alternate ways to put people in the seats? How does the Oriole ticket office rank compared to their peers, near the top, or near the bottom in regards to how people feel their customer service is?

I really hope the fans are out in force for this Yankees series. I have a feeling there is going to be a ton of NY fans there. We need OPACY to be filled with orange and loud to over power all NY fans.

I have little faith. I know a lot of folks call it into question, but I'm honestly leaning more towards the "Baltimore isn't a baseball town anymore" side of things.

I have little faith. I know a lot of folks call it into question, but I'm honestly leaning more towards the "Baltimore isn't a baseball town anymore" side of things.

If true then why in the world are TV ratings so high?

If nobody cared no one would watch.

Baltimore baseball was getting its head kicked in for 13 years just when a new, shiny football team showed up and made all the Baltimorons feel special again because the could go buy NFL gear. Then that same NFL team wins a championship after 5 seasons and becomes a perennial playoff team and voila!...you're some kind of idiot if you're concerned about the goings on of this year's version of the AL East cellar-dwellers. Kids grow up and don't know what winning baseball looks like, but they know its cool to wear purple. Parents have good baseball memories, but they want their kids to experience fun sporting events, so they spend their time and money on the winning team. Fast forward to 2012 and seemingly out of nowhere the Orioles win and it's suddenly hip to be at the Yard. They follow that up with a division title sandwiched between 2 so-so years and the baseball diehards now think that the Orioles have done enough to earn the undying loyalty of everyone's pocketbook within a 60 mile radius of OPACY. They have not. They have not won a championship. They have not won a pennant. They have not even made the playoffs in consecutive years. They will have to take it to another level if they ever expect people in this area to do more than watch from the comfort of their living rooms and attend an occasional game. Right or wrong, the people in this area are still wary of this ownership and need to know that their boys can beat up the big boys in the East on a regular basis. This isn't Wisconsin or Missouri or Ontario, there are other things to do here in the Summer. It will be a "baseball town" when the product on the field makes it a "baseball town" and not the other way around.

Me too,unless the forecast changes again or stalls.Remember look for the Kids Nachos or ask a helpful Oriole employee.......

Just my wife and me this time. The little one will be at my parent's place. We'll also be in the picnic perch, so we can have all of the nachos we want.

Archived