Will the fans show?

Todd-O

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maryland has the highest median income in the country. People have the money. Especially baseball fans.

LOL Seriously. Yes Maryland has a high median income but that doesn't mean people just have cash to spend. Unfortunately for the reality of most people, they live paycheck to paycheck. Yes they may have some disposable income to spend but between mortgage(s), car payments, debt, food, etc. People are not just throwing money around.

You could say a family of four could go to a ball game for only $60.00 just 5 years ago....Which is ok not too terrible. However, today that same family of four would now cost over $100 - I think it's just too expensive. That's just my opinion.

The bean counters in Annapolis might not be in agreement with you.

Silver Spring is down the list, and yes, Potomac & Bethesda are on top, but, you can also see several of my selections listed above Silver Spring.

http://localistica.com/usa/md/zipcodes/highest-household-income-zipcodes/

Annapolis might be Nats territory. If it's not majority, the nats have at least taken a good portion.

Look at the Papa Johns promo codes. In laurel and Columbia it's NATS5 and not the O's one. Nats territory has taken over.

Annapolis might be Nats territory. If it's not majority, the nats have at least taken a good portion.

Look at the Papa Johns promo codes. In laurel and Columbia it's NATS5 and not the O's one. Nats territory has taken over.

Laurel Papa Johns belongs to the Washington Area Franchise, but walk around Laurel, the Oriole hats clearly outnumber by a vast number.

I still believe Annapolis is mostly Oriole land, at least by the Orange coloring I see.

I'm in laurel way more than I'd like to admit. People don't wear hats there. They wear ski masks.

We've hashed this out enough on here. We shouldn't blame fans. There is a reason why PA has been tied up in court with the Nats for years. MLB got us. They should have contracted the stupid Expos and not stolen from our market.

When you have a toddler or baby that is different than having a school age child.

I think that the arguments for families being the holy grail is falling apart. So parents won't bring their kids until their 7? So all this talk about people who happen to have kids who are 7-16 (I think that kids 17 and older start to go to games on their own, they can drive and don't want to be seen with their parents in public). What about all of the other people with fat W-2's and not kids expenses to worry about? What do you think they spend their money on? I'm telling you, don't count out young professionals, empty nesters, and retirees. All people who are living in or moving into the city BTW, steps or an uber ride (for the YP's) or a cab ride (for the empty nesters and retirees who can't figure out Uber from Angry Birds on their phones).

Are you serious?

Try Broadneck, Severna Park, Annapolis, Ellicott City, Monkton, Davisonville, Clarksville, Federal Hill & Roland Park,

The only one of those that really stack up to DC area wealth is Clarksville, and it doesn't have that many people. And Federal Hill & Roland Park money doesn't come anywhere close to the Georgetown, downtown DC money that lobbyists and politicians have. Take a look at Zillow sometime and creep around the country. It gives you a pretty good idea of the money that people have. Even the nice areas of Baltimore and the suburbs would cost less than a parking spot in NYC or Silicon Valley. You can get a standard rowhouse in Federal Hill for $200,000. The apartments in major cities close to the financial centers are pushing over $1,000,000 for no frills tiny units.

I think that the arguments for families being the holy grail is falling apart. So parents won't bring their kids until their 7? So all this talk about people who happen to have kids who are 7-16 (I think that kids 17 and older start to go to games on their own, they can drive and don't want to be seen with their parents in public). What about all of the other people with fat W-2's and not kids expenses to worry about? What do you think they spend their money on? I'm telling you, don't count out young professionals, empty nesters, and retirees. All people who are living in or moving into the city BTW, steps or an uber ride (for the YP's) or a cab ride (for the empty nesters and retirees who can't figure out Uber from Angry Birds on their phones).

No parents will bring their kids to games before they are 5 1/2. I mean you don't even know what school age is. I am saying you aren't going to go to 20 games a year when you have a 2 year old. Just common sense. But when people with 2 years old come to the game they are probably going to the more expensive seats and a buying from concessions. Instead of buying cheap beer at Pickles and showing up wasted in the third inning.

The only one of those that really stack up to DC area wealth is Clarksville, and it doesn't have that many people. And Federal Hill & Roland Park money doesn't come anywhere close to the Georgetown, downtown DC money that lobbyists and politicians have. Take a look at Zillow sometime and creep around the country. It gives you a pretty good idea of the money that people have. Even the nice areas of Baltimore and the suburbs would cost less than a parking spot in NYC or Silicon Valley. You can get a standard rowhouse in Federal Hill for $200,000. The apartments in major cities close to the financial centers are pushing over $1,000,000 for no frills tiny units.

Well since housing is cheaper people in Baltimore area should have plenty of money for baseball. I saw some house that looked like a townhouse in Gaithersburg that was for sale. It was about 3 feet from its neighbor. 1.3 million. If you are paying 1.3 million for a house that eats up a lot of your income.

Well since housing is cheaper people in Baltimore area should have plenty of money for baseball. I saw some house that looked like a townhouse in Gaithersburg that was for sale. It was about 3 feet from its neighbor. 1.3 million. If you are paying 1.3 million for a house that eats up a lot of your income.

No I like that argument, there is a lot of validity to that. While the salaries are much higher in other cities, they're not catching up the skyrocketing rent and housing costs, and when you get paid more, you pay taxes on that money, often in higher brackets, and rent is nondeuctible, and principal payments on houses are not deductible. And many big time firms that are in major cities have fixed salaries based on seniority and position. So low housing costs can be a draw. I was just talking about how its misleading to think the Baltimore area is flushed with cash because Maryland is. Also, not many businesses are staying in Baltimore, and not many top firms are hiring. That's why you pay so much in rent to go to an expensive city with high rents. You need to find the jobs.

No parents will bring their kids to games before they are 5 1/2. I mean you don't even know what school age is. I am saying you aren't going to go to 20 games a year when you have a 2 year old. Just common sense. But when people with 2 years old come to the game they are probably going to the more expensive seats and a buying from concessions. Instead of buying cheap beer at Pickles and showing up wasted in the third inning.

I mean do you know families that ever have ever brought all of their kids to all of the games of a big season ticket package?? What kind of kids and parents on the go have that kind of time? Many of the robust season ticket packages are corporate, and many of the others a guy will buy 2 and a bring friends for the games.

Wait, so when you kids you have more responsibilities and soccer practice to drive the kids to and more bills to pay? That doesn't fit into the propaganda that people have been spewing that only families can ever attend games.

No one ever said only families can attend games. They said families have the money to attend games. Also, they fill three or four seats. Not one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived