The shame of the Jays series was....

Frobby

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is an easy excuse if the players want to use it. If having a paycheck larger than most will ever know does not motivate you, then I doubthaving more fans at the game will.

Eh, a paycheck is a paycheck. Performance at any job is rarely dependent on the paycheck IMO. And these guys are driven to be the top 700 people in the world at their job. However I do doubt the crowd makes a huge difference, but it does add excitement to the game. Love it when the Yard is rocking. Hopefully it will be in October!

That is an easy excuse if the players want to use it. If having a paycheck larger than most will ever know does not motivate you, then I doubthaving more fans at the game will.

The O's were facing 2 pitchers in the Cy Young discussion, or they just weren't "trying hard." I'm sure its one of those 2.

The O's were facing 2 pitchers in the Cy Young discussion, or they just weren't "trying hard." I'm sure its one of those 2.

I was referring to the poster that felt there wasn't any enthusiasm at the park. I never claimed that they weren't trying. I believe between the Jays pitching and the fact that they are the better team had more to do with losing than the amount of fans in the stands.

Tough to score runs batting Schoop in the 2 hole and batting a guy hitting .178 in the second half at cleanup or in the 5 hole.

It would be nice to see them bring up Mancini to give the team a spark but I guess 3rd place is good enough?

Yeah get that guy Opsing under .650 in AAA in second half that will spark the major league team.

And the other guy has the second best batting average against in baseball.

Still they had a few chances to get some runs and didn't get 1 hit all series with runners in scoring position. You usually don't get lot chances vs great pitchers so you have to capitalize when you do and we didn't do that once.

Archived