vs. TIGERS, 9/10

OFFNY

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The GameDay pitch track described it as: half the ball in the strike zone and half the ball outside. Perhaps we are taking about different pitches?

Actually, I was referring to the call strike one call in Trumbo's last AB in that post.

The GameDay pitch track described it as: half the ball in the strike zone and half the ball outside. Perhaps we are taking about different pitches?

If I go and look now at the "plays" history and look at that call there, it appears as you say. I saw it live on there and the ball was completely in the zone. Perhaps there is a problem with that feature there as it is a new

one that was added maybe a week or so ago. Being able to see it in history is a nice feature, but either way, the ball was a strike and Trumbo didn't think so.

Actually, I was referring to the call strike one call in Trumbo's last AB in that post.

That's the one I was looking at as well. I have no idea what the inherent error of the pitch track system is, or whether it varies by stadium setup. There is definitely a parallax/perception thing going on between the camera view and the pitch track. After years of watching both I haven't discerned any obvious patterns between the two though. Someone must have studies this.

That's the one I was looking at as well. I have no idea what the inherent error of the pitch track system is, or whether it varies by stadium setup. There is definitely a parallax/perception thing going on between the camera view and the pitch track. After years of watching both I haven't discerned any obvious patterns between the two though. Someone must have studies this.

Sometimes, there are definitely differences. I have been watching games on ESPN before where they have the pitch trax up all the time and calls will appear differently on the mlb.com gameday pitch trax. It's weird, but

makes it hard to determine just where the pitch was exactly sometimes. I don't get how two pitch trax can show two different locations and it causes problems when one shows a pitch to be a strike and the other to be

a ball.

Archived