Tillman or UJ on Tuesday?

SurhoffFTW

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty confident more people than just myself don't accept a wildcard game as making the playoffs. You get a game to earn the right to the playoffs.

Yeah if the Orioles lose to the Blue Jays, I seriously doubt there will be a large uptick in attendance or a lot more people showing up to FanFest than last year. It's just not the same.

Yankees sure counted 2015 as a playoff team.

Yankees haven't had a home playoff game since 2012. I think we need to win this one to get some home playoff games to help attendance next year. I wish they would go back to one wild card team. And make the first round of the playoffs 7 games.

Worst case scenario happened. We drew Toronto in the play in game. At least we are on the road. The O's have been bad at home lately.

That's silly... worst case scenario would have been being eliminated from contention. We rebounded from the Boston sweep to finish 7-2 and are playing the team we just beat 2 out of 3. Things are looking up.

Yankees haven't had a home playoff game since 2012. I think we need to win this one to get some home playoff games to help attendance next year. I wish they would go back to one wild card team. And make the first round of the playoffs 7 games.

If it was just one wild card team this year... wouldn't it have worked out identically to how it is anyway? We tied the BJs, they have the tiebreaker so we play a play-in game in TOR, winner plays in the divisional round. Isn't that both what's happening and what would have happened under the old rules with one wild card?

Archived