Tillman or UJ on Tuesday?

SurhoffFTW

Yankees haven't had a home playoff game since 2012. I think we need to win this one to get some home playoff games to help attendance next year. I wish they would go back to one wild card team. And make the first round of the playoffs 7 games.

This is the dumbest post I've ever read on here. Considering this is how we just made the playoffs.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very tough decision. Tillman pitched decently against Toronto last Wednesday and would be throwing on five days' rest. Ubaldo dominated Toronto on Thursday and would be going on four days' rest. Tillman's been inconsistent the last six weeks but has been a reliable big game pitcher. Ubaldo has been on fire lately but is capable of imploding. In the end I think Buck goes with the guy who has been better over the long term, and that's Tillman. Bundy in the pen if Tillman runs into trouble.

I'd think Ubaldo could go, with the convenient excuse that Tillman would be available to start game one of the next series. I also don't know where I am anymore, recently witnessed cats and dogs living together, etc. Strange days.

It is creepy when that happens.

I think the Jays will go with Liriano, given the way he pitched last week and the O's struggles vs. lefties. I'd probably go with the hot hand but I'm not vehemently opposed to Tillman. While Tillman's career stats at Rogers Centre are not good, he did have a 2.38 ERA this year and the O's were 2-0 in his starts there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Tillman is throwing on normal rest and Ubaldo would be going on short rest, you go with Tillman. Figure the Jays are going with the lefty Liriano, and now you have no clue what's going on.

I feel good the O's can win, not quite as expectant as I was with yesterday's win, but I feel good with the direction the two squads are going.

If the O's win that means Ubaldo goes Thursday against Texas, in Texas. Whole lotta reasons not to like that idea, but as good as he's been, who knows.

But right now it's gotta be near automatic to go with Tillman on normal rest instead of throwing a guy on short rest even if he is on a heater.

Buck will pick Tillman. I fear that Tillman is ice cold and has not been himself since he was out with injury. I think Ubaldo or Bundy gives us a best shot right now, but it will be Tillman.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Ubaldo has normal rest I gotta go with him. His last start against the Jays he had them so befuddled it was amusing. As such I think he could be inside their heads. Tillman on the other hand an afraud to say doesn't seem 100% and I fear he could get knocked out by second inning!

If Tillman is throwing on normal rest and Ubaldo would be going on short rest, you go with Tillman. Figure the Jays are going with the lefty Liriano, and now you have no clue what's going on.

I feel good the O's can win, not quite as expectant as I was with yesterday's win, but I feel good with the direction the two squads are going.

If the O's win that means Ubaldo goes Thursday against Texas, in Texas. Whole lotta reasons not to like that idea, but as good as he's been, who knows.

But right now it's gotta be near automatic to go with Tillman on normal rest instead of throwing a guy on short rest even if he is on a heater.

Ubaldo would be on normal rest, right? He pitched Thursday. Tuesday would be the next normal start in a five man rotation.

This is the dumbest post I've ever read on here. Considering this is how we just made the playoffs.

With one wild card, the results would be identical for us. We would be playing Tuesday for a chance to advance. With Toronto.

Very tough decision. Tillman pitched decently against Toronto last Wednesday and would be throwing on five days' rest. Ubaldo dominated Toronto on Thursday and would be going on four days' rest. Tillman's been inconsistent the last six weeks but has been a reliable big game pitcher. Ubaldo has been on fire lately but is capable of imploding. In the end I think Buck goes with the guy who has been better over the long term, and that's Tillman. Bundy in the pen if Tillman runs into trouble.

Four days rest is regular rest. Five of course is an extra day. Either work.

Archived