Buck Stuff

ChuckS

i wouldn't fire Buck over this. But I understand.

That said...Buck is stubborn as hell.

Yeah, well Steinbrenner knew how to handle that part just like he did with Buck's mentor. If he did that same game for the Yankees back when Steinbrenner was running things, yes, his job security would not be a given. Having said that, Buck is an excellent season manager and I certainly would have him here as long as he wants to manage.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't have fault the O's for losing if Buck put Britton out there for 2 innings against the top of the lineup.

I do fault Buck for putting Ubaldo (who struggles to get control in the first) out there to save our season.

I also fault Duquette that Ubaldo was ever as decision. But I digress.

I also fault Buck for putting Reimold in the game who immediately bobbles the ball to allow Martin to easily get to 3rd base.

Two different parts of the game and either Mancini or Stubbs is a better choice than Reimold. In any case, you don't leave good players on the bench for a single elimination game.

There is no good decision there. Kim is 0 for whatever against lefties because he hasn't been exposed to them. Mancini is a rookie and looked lost against Liriano earlier in the week. Stubbs is a worse hitter than Reimold.

Pearce would have been nice. That's another one we could probably blame on Buck, although I still think he's far away from deserving to be fired.

I can't think of a worse decision in a key game. Every national pundit is shaking his or her head and wondering what in the world he was thinking. His smugness afterwards where he was like, "I just thought there were better options" is ridiculous.

Never take anything away from what Buck has done for this organization, but this like Gary Williams at the end of his run, it was just time.

I still can't get over the fact that Buck keeps running Reimold out there against LHP. Does he not look at baseball statistics?

That still boggles my mind. Why does this team absolutely refuse to let Kim hit against LHer's? Even if you pinch him for him there, why in the world would you go w/ Reimold in that situation instead of Mancini? Hell, I would have gone to Alvarez before I went with Reimold.

There is no good decision there. Kim is 0 for whatever against lefties because he hasn't been exposed to them. Mancini is a rookie and looked lost against Liriano earlier in the week. Stubbs is a worse hitter than Reimold.

Pearce would have been nice. That's another one we could probably blame on Buck, although I still think he's far away from deserving to be fired.

Not against lefties.

I can't think of a worse decision in a key game. Every national pundit is shaking his or her head and wondering what in the world he was thinking. His smugness afterwards where he was like, "I just thought there were better options" is ridiculous.

Never take anything away from what Buck has done for this organization, but this like Gary Williams at the end of his run, it was just time.

I didn't think he was smug at all. He took the grilling like a man. He should not go anywhere.

That said this last month made me scratch my head time after time.

You know in all the chaos I hadn't even thought of that. Wouldn't bases loaded no outs be more ideal that 2nd and 3rd no outs? At least you could set up the force at home. Probably wouldn't matter anyway but just sayin'.

It was first and third with one out. First base was not open.

Archived