Buck Stuff

ChuckS

Both Showalter and Britton are trending in tweeter.

It's not looking good, plenty of people around the country are comparing Showalter not giving the ball to Britton to Pete Carroll not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

An extremely fair and accurate comparison.

A great coach made a horrible decision that will be remembered forever as a blot on his fine record. He has come back and continued to do a good job as Seahawks coach and may get another chance or two to win it all and hoist the trophy. But no one will ever forget that play call.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What gets me is that after Ubaldo gives up the two hits, everyone in the world thinks FINALLY he's come to his senses.

But no, he leaves him in to serve up the meatball.

There is no logical explanation for it. None. The only supposition I can make is that Buck wanted Ubaldo to feel redemption so he let him have a chance.

Both Showalter and Britton are trending in tweeter.

It's not looking good, plenty of people around the country are comparing Showalter not giving the ball to Britton to Pete Carroll not giving the ball to Marshawn Lynch.

Buck has done the impossible and gotten all Americans to agree on something in an election year.

I hate to say I think you are right. Some of his comments to the media on the post game shows leave you speechless sometimes. He has trouble praising players or criticizing them when they are making mistakes. He doesn't have to scold them but acknowledge their mistakes and say it's not acceptable. That's all ! If Mancini hits three HR'S in his first three games get a little bit excited. Don't sit there and when asked if he knew he was one of three players to start their career like that act like....really? That's it ! No excitement or comments like he's starting off great. Strange !

Dear God...you guys are getting pathetic.

Let me ask you this.

What happens if Buck plays it like everyone wanted him to and pitches Zach in the 9th and 10th, and lets say he has 40 pitches (he's done there). The Orioles score one run in the 11th and now its a 3-2 game. Now we have someone trying to close it out who hasn't closed all year. So if Edwin still hits that homerun, everyone is still pissed that Buck wasted Britton in the 9th instead of saving him. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Buck was waiting for one of our guys to go deep, just one run and he was running out to get Zach in. It didn't happen. We need to play better and win the division next year. Plain and simple. Rant over.

I can't think of a worse decision in a key game. Every national pundit is shaking his or her head and wondering what in the world he was thinking. His smugness afterwards where he was like, "I just thought there were better options" is ridiculous.

Never take anything away from what Buck has done for this organization, but this like Gary Williams at the end of his run, it was just time.

Showalter can hit the road as far as I'm concerned. From stupid decisions he's made over the years, to his stubbornness and dismissive, dickish way of answering questions (when he does actually answer them at all), I've seen enough. Buck kind of reminds me of Belichick in press conferences, the main difference being that Belichick's behavior is backed up and justified by results.

Let me ask you this.

What happens if Buck plays it like everyone wanted him to and pitches Zach in the 9th and 10th, and lets say he has 40 pitches (he's done there). The Orioles score one run in the 11th and now its a 3-2 game. Now we have someone trying to close it out who hasn't closed all year. So if Edwin still hits that homerun, everyone is still pissed that Buck wasted Britton in the 9th instead of saving him. He was damned if he did and damned if he didn't.

Buck was waiting for one of our guys to go deep, just one run and he was running out to get Zach in. It didn't happen. We need to play better and win the division next year. Plain and simple. Rant over.

Do you really think anybody would have blamed Buck if the Orioles had lost in that fashion? Seriously?

Now we have someone trying to close it out who hasn't closed all year. So if Edwin still hits that homerun

I can live with losing with our best players. Can't live with leaving them on the bench.

Edwin homered because Buck put a HR prone pitcher on the mound while a historically great groundball pitcher was sitting unused.

And yea I must be pathetic, because I spent $2000 on playoff games that will never happen. Yea, I'll get refunded, but it's not about that. Why am I spending time and money on this when the manager won't even play the best players?

Do you really think anybody would have blamed Buck if the Orioles had lost in that fashion? Seriously?

Baltimore fans...yes. They're blaming Ubaldo for this loss too. Its on the offense. If they show up we win. Not to mention without Ubaldo in the 2nd half, this team isn't even playing in the WC game.

Keep in mind that you spent most of the next several years after GW left hating Gary Williams' replacement in Mark Turgeon. I am not saying that new blood can't be better but it can also be a LOT worse. We should consider any decisions about Buck's future quite carefully IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is off topic, but the jury is still out on Turgeon. Dude can recruit, but can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Player development under him has sucked, too.

An extremely fair and accurate comparison.

A great coach made a horrible decision that will be remembered forever as a blot on his fine record. He has come back and continued to do a good job as Seahawks coach and may get another chance or two to win it all and hoist the trophy. But no one will ever forget that play call.

Pete Carroll was saved because he had just won a Super Bowl the year before.

Buck is just the opposite in that he has a great coaching legacy but hasn't shown the ability to get his team a championship. On top of that 2/3 of his team went on to win the championship immediately after he leaves.

He finally had an interview that didn't consist of a half drunk Gary Thorne laughing and agreeing the entire time.

As a Buck fan, he did get snippy with that one reporter. I think he was from The NY Times.

See, I don't think he got snippy. He let him ask his questions.

Let me ask you this.

After thinking over things, the more questionable move might even be bringing in Ubaldo over Bundy.

As we all know, Buck is big on sample sizes and past experiences. From what I remember, Ubaldo had terrible outings out of the BP and he's knowingly terrible in the first inning or two. Then you have Bundy who has had a good amount of experience pitching from the BP and did it pretty damn well for us before entering the rotation.

Archived