Buck Stuff

ChuckS

As much as he's loved and respected here and across the league, this will stick to him like a stink for years and probably define him till he finally gets the crown. He's a player's manager and I know they love him. But it's not easy on us fans.

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh please. Nobody is suggesting the Jays aren't a better team. However we went into the lion's den of the better team and were give a huge gift taking the game to our turf. The best bullpen in baseball with a closer coming off an historic season. That's when you have to win. If we had lost in nine innings by several runs I get it. They beat us. Buck beat us last night. Terrible roster management, I cannot fathom pinch hitting Reimold in that situation and then putting him in the field when Stubbs is on the bench and defense could save the game. Our bullpen was our best aspect and the best part of that best aspect was left out of the most important game of the season. Inexcusable. And to show up at the press conference without even anything resembling a reason makes it that much worse. Embarrassing.

I'm sorry, but did you and I watch a different game? The Orioles went to the pen AFTER the game was tied. Givens comes in, throws one pitch, inning ending double play.

Our pen was SOLID. No question about it. Except for Jimenez, they shut down any potential threat. Tell me also WHY you would bring in Britton in a situation without a lead, knowing he doesn't pitch more than one inning in almost all appearances. We use him up, we don't gain the lead and then he's used up. Doesn't make sense to me in my opinion.

My suggestion, you go throw your resume at the warehouse in hopes of getting hired as the manager if you think you could so much better than our current staff. Maybe then, you will realize it isn't as easy black and white as you think it is.

Buck the ultimate player's manager would probably love taking all the blame instead of the fact that we didn't have any base runners for 6+ innings. The offense is a joke. That game plays out the same way with Britton getting 6 outs. Eventually Ubaldo was coming into the game.

It just happened in the Bot 12th instead of the Bot 14th.

I think the decision has to be divided in half. Should Britton have started the 11th? I would have made the same decision as Buck and Gibbons and gone with someone else in a tie game. Leave Britton for when we go ahead. Should Britton have been brought in after it became apparent that Jimenez did not have it? Runners on first and third, Britton was needed.

Bad decision but you can't say it cost the Orioles the game. I think it's being overblown because some in the press have deified Buck and others were waiting for something like this to happen.

You can't say it cost the game but it may have cost an opportunity to continue the game.

You can't say it cost the game but it may have cost an opportunity to continue the game.

And in an elimination game, things can turn on a dime and leave you with a bullet still in the chamber unused. That's Britton. If Buck having faith in Ubaldo to have a clean inning (if it's not clean, game over), I really had more faith the O's would get a bloop and a blast like the last 9 games had we extended the game. Still had Mancini to try at bat in some scenario, too. Buck just went with his "track record" guys like Reimold. Disappointing. I see wisdom in all the replies here.

Eh, written by no one that's actually played the game. I'm sure if Buck could go back he would do it different but i'm not so sure of that either. Bucks a stubborn man.

Britton said he was frustrated by the decision. Jiminez says he was suprised Britton wasn't in the games. Did you read any of the articles?

Britton said he was frustrated by the decision. Jiminez says he was suprised Britton wasn't in the games. Did you read any of the articles?

I blame Ubaldo for going in the game, he should have protested his appearance and forced Buck's hand to go with Britton.

Buck made a bad choice. But who are we going to get? Probably not a manager to lead us to 5 straight years of not losing and 3 playoff appearances. He might be manager of the year in the AL this year. Will definitely finish in the top 3.

Joe Torre and Bob Brenly aren't walking through that door.

Well you could have started Tyler Wilson followed up with Mike Wright and finished up with some Miley and you could make the same remark about it not costing the team the game as if the Orioles only scored 25 runs they could have won.

Archived