Disheartening quote from Duquette in this article

miggyfan

Yankees are not in the post season. The Red Sox are soon out as well. http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/155107-Boston-about-to-go-0-2-in-the-ALDS

Where did I say they all made it every year? In the last 20 years, those four teams have appeared in the World Series 18 times.

I disagree.

I think having a goal of winning more games than you lose and to be in contention late in the year is perfectly fine for most franchises.

If you're satisfied with treading water every year and watching other teams win it all, then yeah. It is still a losing mentality. We're cool with losing so long as we finish above .500 in the regular season. I'm not interested in being "most franchises"; I'm interested in being better than most franchises. I'm not interested in any status quo like that. I want a Championship in Baltimore because 33 years is long enough. How many will it take for people to get serious? 50? 80?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where did I say they all made it every year? In the last 20 years, those four teams have appeared in the World Series 18 times.

If you're satisfied with treading water every year and watching other teams win it all, then yeah. It is still a losing mentality. We're cool with losing so long as we finish above .500 in the regular season. I'm not interested in being "most franchises"; I'm interested in being better than most franchises. I'm not interested in any status quo like that. I want a Championship in Baltimore because 33 years is long enough. How many will it take for people to get serious? 50? 80?

The game has changed dramatically in the last 10 seasons. I like your adulation of San Francisco and St Louis myself. They have had good staying power.

I'm realistic.

Get ready to support squeaking in to the playoffs as often as possible as a plan then. You get in, and you roll the die as often as possible.

The game has changed dramatically in the last 10 seasons. I like your adulation of San Francisco and St Louis myself. They have had good staying power.

In the last 10 years, those four have appeared nine times. If the Giants and Cardinals had the same mentality that the Orioles have, they likely wouldn't have had that success.

I'm realistic.

I hope that Angelos is gone after 2018. I know he wants to live forever, but he's gotta retire soon. I think that will be the beginning of some real hope for the Orioles.

In the last 10 years, those four have appeared nine times. If the Giants and Cardinals had the same mentality that the Orioles have, they likely wouldn't have had that success.

I hope that Angelos is gone after 2018. I know he wants to live forever, but he's gotta retire soon. I think that will be the beginning of some real hope for the Orioles.

Be careful what you wish for.

Get ready to support squeaking in to the playoffs as often as possible as a plan then. You get in, and you roll the die as often as possible.

I can't get behind that anymore. In 2012, it was alright. Now that I see that this is what they are satisfied with, I don't support it. They're not even trying for anything more than that. Baltimore, the team and the fans deserve more than being satisfied with being postseason losers every year and having to sit home watching other teams compete for and win a Championship.

Archived