Sherman: Arguably Worst SP Free Agency Ever

weams

Matt is looking to get paid with at least a 3 year deal so I would put the chances of him accepting a QO at less than 10 percent. I really hope we can re-sign him. He's been a valuable piece to our success.

With the weak FA Class and the fact that he went the entire year without hitting the Disabled List would make him at his prime for a Multi-Year Deal and therefore he would be advised to not accept the QO for fear of getting injured and losing out on any Multi-Year Deal

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I don't see any scenario where he accepts the QO. He's the top FA catcher available in a weak overall class. Someone will throw a 3 or 4 year deal at him worth at least 10M AAV. That's enough to turn down the QO IMO.

Last year he was coming off an injury and his numbers weren't that good. This year would have been a disaster for him had he not stayed here.

Do you think his numbers were "good" this year?

He didn't look like someone I would give up a first round draft pick and three guaranteed years for.

They might but as a non-tender candidate I don't see much of a return.

I'm not expecting anything magical, but it'd be better than losing him for nothing. I'd take the gamble if they feel good about their chances of moving Ubaldo.

Who thought we'd get much for Devin Jones or Steve Clevenger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not expecting anything magical, but it'd be better than losing him for nothing. I'd take the gamble if they feel good about their chances of moving Ubaldo.

Who thought we'd get much for Devin Jones or Steve Clevenger?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clevenger was pretty much, Seattle needed a backup catcher and salary dump, and it worked well for the Orioles.

Archived