Fanfest ,Saturday, January 28th 2017

Going Underground

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

By June he did.  Not before.  Remember early in the year when he couldn't strike anyone out?

Yeah, but his ERA was never over 3 at any point until three consecutive bad outings in mid-May.   He had his struggles but I can think of a lot of highly touted Orioles prospects who had a rougher initiation than Bundy.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Yeah, but his ERA was never over 3 at any point until three consecutive bad outings in mid-May.   He had his struggles but I can think of a lot of highly touted Orioles prospects who had a rougher initiation than Bundy.   

If he had options available to him I think they would have sent him down in May.

Of course his June was outstanding and he showed a huge amount of heart in finishing out the season in the rotation.

Went to Fanfest. There was good and bad. If you want to see some pictures, I post them for public view every year on Facebook. I'm listed as Carl Lamy. I'm the one with the avatar wearing the O's jersey.

There were a lot of people. Seemed like a really big crowd today. Maybe it wasn't bigger than usual, but it seemed as if it was.

Free stuff giveaway was great. Oriole hat with Md flag brim, 3 teeshirts, what looked like a pet calendar, wiffle ball and bat. But an O's employee told me the line was so long it took like an hour. HOLY SMOKES! No way did I do that. I went back at 4:30, and she told me the line was still an hour and 15 minutes. Crazy!

Saw Trumbo, Oliver Drake, Kevin Gausman and Ubaldo doing the Charity picture photo op. I got my picture with Gausman.

Listened to Buck take questions from kids, like 8, 9 and 10 years old. One asked him if he played Little League. One asked him how long he owned his dog. He responded by telling the kid that he owned 2 miniature donkeys. Who owns 2 miniature donkeys? Then one kid asked, and this is no lie, why didn't he pitch Britton in the playoff game? The whole crowed groaned! Buck just looked at Roch Kubatko and said something like "You know his Father put him up to that." It was great. One kid asked him who was the strongest O's player physically and mentally. Buck mentioned Joey Rickard first, then talked about some other guys.

The O's didn't let you take pictures in the club house or locker room this year for some reason. I snuck a picture in the locker room of a new shuffleboard table that is in there. It is huge, with a giant electric sign mounted on it. There is also a new bumper pool table, the kind with the card/poker table top that covers the bumper pool table. Adam Jones has 3 gloves in his locker (that I saw) that had gold leaf or gold color all over them. The Champagne bottle he had in his locker from winning the division series in 2014 is gone, but there were several other bottles of booze in there. He still has 2 locker spaces instead of one like almost every one else.

At the end of the tour they let you sit at the Press conference table where Buck sits after the game and where they shoot announcements when they sign new players and the like, and took your picture. The Press Room doubles as an alternate locker room for side events like High School games and such. There are actually lockers in it. The table, by the way, is sweet. It is wood, but it has a finish that makes it look like brushed copper. Nice!

Had a great time yesterday, had no problem with my son in line with me, no one even gave him a second glance. Got good videos of Buck and Manny chatting him up. The lines for the kids autograph, and the promotional give away were much longer this year then they were last year. I would say this year had much more people.  I would of liked if the food selection were a little more diverse.  Enjoyed the clubhouse tour, I laughed when i saw Jobu statues over Hardy's and Flahery's locker.  

By the way, I went to the Orioles store in the Convention Center, and they were selling stuff like used jerseys and used hats. I saw some awesome signed green O's hats, and there was one my size for $40, with a scribbled, unreadable signature on the brim in black and the number 15 below the signature. I bought it.

I looked and found out the O's auctioned these hats off in 2015 to benefit the Marie Selby Botanical Gardens in Florida, so I looked at a 2015 Spring Training roster, and discovered that I am now the proud owner of a game used, signed J.P. Arencibia green O's hat.

Finally got YouTube to upload my FanFest review video. It's a little long, but it breaks down what I was able to do at FanFest along with the purchases and free stuff I got (did that early, so wasn't sure what was available later) along with tips for next year if you plan on going and haven't ever been.

9 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Finally got YouTube to upload my FanFest review video. It's a little long, but it breaks down what I was able to do at FanFest along with the purchases and free stuff I got (did that early, so wasn't sure what was available later) along with tips for next year if you plan on going and haven't ever been.

Great Thanks!

Archived