Would you trade Machado?

dabirds

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Players like Manny come around once in a decade, they dont grow on trees.

So you dig deep and pay up, unless somebody makes a real bonafide blow your skirt team deal.

A once in a decade player does not necessarily make your team a winner. Look at Trout, Stanton, you need other pieces. If a blow away offer can be given that will make your team better, you have to make it. Davis and Machado, 2 players will account for about 33%. The GM and ownership will have to be very creative to build a winner with the remaining budget.

A once in a decade player does not necessarily make your team a winner. Look at Trout, Stanton, you need other pieces. If a blow away offer can be given that will make your team better, you have to make it. Davis and Machado, 2 players will account for about 33%. The GM and ownership will have to be very creative to build a winner with the remaining budget.

Do you not believe Manny hasnt had a role in the reason, this team has been winning games in the past season?

I agree, you need other pieces, but you build around Manny.

What message does it send to players -- not to mention fans -- that we will trade a once-in-a-generation type player? Sure anyone is available, but the return has to be absurd. Don't let it get to the point where the Orioles lose leverage.

At this moment, I think six of BA's top 10 prospects may fetch Manny Machado. And we know this isn't going to happen.

What message does it send to players -- not to mention fans -- that we will trade a once-in-a-generation type player? Sure anyone is available, but the return has to be absurd. Don't let it get to the point where the Orioles lose leverage.

At this moment, I think six of BA's top 10 prospects may fetch Manny Machado. And we know this isn't going to happen.

For being a once in a generation talent he sure has a NL analog.

For being a once in a generation talent he sure has a NL analog.

I think the term once in a generation really means for your organization, not in all of MLB. He's a top 10 player but Trout is your once in a generation player if you're discussing MLB as a whole.

I think the term once in a generation really means for your organization, not in all of MLB. He's a top 10 player but Trout is your once in a generation player if you're discussing MLB as a whole.

Did you see the post I was referencing? Six out of 10 of BA's top prospects? That's Trout level valuation.

To this fan, trading Machado would send the message that Machado wanted significantly more money than the Orioles felt comfortable risking (I think Machado will stand firm on $25-$30M per season, obviously just a guess), and that he's after absolute top dollar and eager to test the FA market with hope$ of ca$hing in.

Considering his age, the fact that he's hitting FA the same time as Harper (and there's already been crazy speculation on numbers), his MLB resume (top 5 player), I'd be absolutely shocked if the Orioles are able to re-sign him. I think the Orioles will make him a solid and respectable offer (they don't have a choice)......but in my opinion.....he gone. You can WANT the Orioles to re-sign him all you want, but Machado also has to really want to be here - and I'm not convinced that he does. Takes 2 to tango. See Markakis, Nick.

Corn, I was not intending to take a pot shot at you.

But, there is so much negatively on this board, you think this team was on a 49 year dry spell.

Last World Series was 1983... so that's 33 years. And this team was good enough to sneak into the playoffs but not to Win the series

To this fan, trading Machado would send the message that Machado wanted significantly more money than the Orioles felt comfortable risking (I think Machado will stand firm on $25-$30M per season, obviously just a guess), and that he's after absolute top dollar and eager to test the FA market with hope$ of ca$hing in.

Considering his age, the fact that he's hitting FA the same time as Harper (and there's already been crazy speculation on numbers), his MLB resume (top 5 player), I'd be absolutely shocked if the Orioles are able to re-sign him. I think the Orioles will make him a solid and respectable offer (they don't have a choice)......but in my opinion.....he gone. You can WANT the Orioles to re-sign him all you want, but Machado also has to really want to be here - and I'm not convinced that he does. Takes 2 to tango. See Markakis, Nick.

And at some point the surgically repaired knees will become an issue. It's hard to tell when but I'd guess in his mid thirties

Last World Series was 1983... so that's 33 years. And this team was good enough to sneak into the playoffs but not to Win the series

14 years of hell, was a totally different organization at the helm.

Almost getting to the ALCS, is not sneaking into the playoffs.

All it takes is to be hot and hitting on all cylinders for the playoffs.

Given the fact that there are 31 other teams, paid to play and going for the same goal. How often do you expect a mid market team to be winning the WS?

And at some point the surgically repaired knees will become an issue. It's hard to tell when but I'd guess in his mid thirties

I thought his knee conditions was based on genes and an issue he was probably born with and not your usual repair the knee surgery. I thought the Doctors said he was at no more risk, then any other player?

I thought his knee conditions was based on genes and an issue he was probably born with and not your usual repair the knee surgery. I thought the Doctors said he was at no more risk, then any other player?

I interpreted it as "The impact from having the surgeries will become a factor at some point.".

Archived