Bullpen Coach Dom Chiti Leaving Orginization

Can_of_corn

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There has been a disconnect between Showalter and Duquette for a long time. They tolerate each other. They work together when needed, but it's not like they are always on the same page.

I think that's 100% correct. Remember the KRod trade, Show did not want any part of KRod, for whatever reason, imo.

I think that's 100% correct. Remember the KRod trade, Show did not want any part of KRod, for whatever reason, imo.

Also DD pissed off Buck when he DFAed Teagarden. Also it is clear until he started hitting Buck was not on board with the Kim signing. What's funny is before they signed DD, there was talk of Buck taking over some of the GM role and he declined.

There has been a disconnect between Showalter and Duquette for a long time. They tolerate each other. They work together when needed, but it's not like they are always on the same page.

One could characterize that as a healthy give and take.

:)

I dont buy that. Buck is his long time friend. Buck says, are you interested in the job, before i hire somebody else? And you get that no answer response.

Buck is not a long time friend. I assume the Orioles were interested in an upgrade. Wallace being missing as often as he was last year was difficult.

Also DD pissed off Buck when he DFAed Teagarden. Also it is clear until he started hitting Buck was not on board with the Kim signing. What's funny is before they signed DD, there was talk of Buck taking over some of the GM role and he declined.

Was it offered to him? I never heard that except for on talk radio.

I think that's right. Buck is more loyal to his guys, Dan is more dispassionate. The combination has worked reasonably well for five years, and they'll probably manage to coexist for another two. But I think the edges are fraying a bit.

Archived