My ideal offseason

Dark Helmet

I would like to see these three moves made.

1. Sign Josh Reddick - Solid bat and defense.

2. Sign Jason Castro - Not a high BA or OBP, but has some pop a solid glove and is known for his pitch framing.

3. Sign Rajai Davis- Adds some much needed speed and could platoon with Kim.

4. Try to bring back Pedro Alvarez to DH.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2. Sign Jason Castro - Not a high BA or OBP, but has some pop a solid glove and is known for his pitch framing.

Ok. I guess that would work. I am not a Davis fan at all though.

So who is the odd man out. Mancini or Rickard. Add all those guys you have a bench of Davis, Flaherty, Joseph and one of those guys. You also have a guy that has not hit lefties playing against lefties.

So who is the odd man out. Mancini or Rickard. Add all those guys you have a bench of Davis, Flaherty, Joseph and one of those guys. You also have a guy that has not hit lefties playing against lefties.

I believe both those guys can be optioned. I am not advocating one way or other but neither must be on the team.

A lot of people will fall in love with Mancini's three home runs and ignore the obvious need for more time at AAA.

My ideal off season:

Extend Manny

Extend Tillman

Trade for Roman Quinn - RF and leadoff hitter.

Sign Dairon Blanco - Speedy Cuban FA who could try to make the team in ST or be at AAA if someone doesn't work out.

Sign another outfielder to replace Reimold

Add a cheap catcher to share time with Joseph.

Wait until the dust settles to see if there is a DH better than Mancini that can be had cheaply.

My ideal off season:

Extend Manny

Extend Tillman

Trade for Roman Quinn - RF and leadoff hitter.

Sign Dairon Blanco - Speedy Cuban FA who could try to make the team in ST or be at AAA if someone doesn't work out.

Sign another outfielder to replace Reimold

Add a cheap catcher to share time with Joseph.

Wait until the dust settles to see if there is a DH better than Mancini that can be had cheaply.

I'd rather extend Gausman than Tillman at this point. We should've extended Tillman a while ago.

When Richard plays again with that hand and is successful, I will worry about him being left out.

My ideal off season is sign Fowler and a cheap catcher. That not happening sign Joyce and Jennings and a cheap catcher.

Are you making an assumption that Tampa isn't going to offer Jennings arbitration? Bbref has him under their control for 2017.

Edit: never mind. I see that he was released late in the season.

So does he still go through the arbitration process or can he be signed for less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you making an assumption that Tampa isn't going to offer Jennings arbitration? Bbref has him under their control for 2017.

Edit: never mind. I see that he was released late in the season.

So does he still go through the arbitration process or can he be signed for less?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He can be signed for less.

Extend Manny

Extend Britton

See if we can get Markakis for one of Gallardo/Jimenez/Miley

Sign Reddick if we can't

Maybe get a catcher in the Rule 5 draft or trade for one

Have Mancini and Sisco platoon at DH

???

Profit

Call it an offseason.

I love Tillman, but he's essentially Joe Flacco, the top number one guy who has his fair share of brilliant moments, but is ultimately number one because no one else is.

These two are the same for me. I know people are compaining about Reddick's poor splits, but he is the correct side of a platoon (LH vs RHP, many more at bats). We're not the only ones who see value in Castro as he is already fielding offers.

3. Trade Britton for a truckload - save money that can be invested elsewhere and fleece the Dodgers or whoever loses out on the closer carousel. This also means we won't have to endure a possibly disgruntled Britton for being shafted in the Wild Card game. Short term loss for long term gain here.

4. Trade one of Jimenez/Gallardo/Miley - for anything. None of these guys should be in the pen sucking up a 25-man roster spot, especially with Vance Worley or some such able to spot start.

5. Extend Manny, Schoop and/or Tillman - any news on this front is good news to me.

Archived