Kim's stats vs. LHP in the KBO

Frobby

Roch has a post up today in which he mentions that the KBO has updated its site to show LH/RH splits.     They show that Kim hit poorly vs. LHP in 2010-11, but was over .300 against them in 2012, 2013 and 2014.    I definitely think Kim deserves more PA vs. LHP in 2017.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/11/will-the-orioles-be-left-with-kim-as-the-everyday-left-fielder.html

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I think we should let how he does in his first ten at bats against lefties in spring training be the guide in how he is used in the regular season.

I'd give him 20 or 30.  And then still platoon him. His defense does not make up for the opportunity to improve the roster vs. lefties. 

26 minutes ago, weams said:

I'd give him 20 or 30.  And then still platoon him. His defense does not make up for the opportunity to improve the roster vs. lefties. 

Isn't that kinda risky?  You give him 30 at bats and he does well you could have another uprising of educated fans championing Kim.

Better off burying him early.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Isn't that kinda risky?  You give him 30 at bats and he does well you could have another uprising of educated fans championing Kim.

Na. I'll bet against that.

On the other hand, Steve M agrees with you.

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Also. They could have him get extra reps in MiLB camp. I'm for it. 

4 hours ago, weams said:

Yeah. I like the platoon. A lot. It's not like he is a prospect controlled long term that we are attempting to develop. 

If defense didn't matter, I'd play him every day. But it does. DH would be good if Mancini bombs, but I don't see that happening and I don't see who would replace him in LF. 

Archived