Orioles interested in Curtis Granderson? (Heating up with Brach as a target)

Tony-OH

16 minutes ago, birdreg said:

I'm good with just treading water this offseason if we extend manny, schoop, and tillman, and holding money to open up the bank for Bumgardener next offseason?!?!

The Orioles don't open up the bank for pitchers.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The latest talk about the Orioles wanting more than Granderson for Brach is encouraging.  I mean, that's a correct assessment, we just need to see if the Mets understand that.

If the Giants let Mad Bum go they shouldn't be opening the pocketbook for anybody.  Him leaving would directly hurt ticket sales.

On 12/2/2016 at 1:56 PM, JohnD said:

I'd still push harder for Fowler first.  But I think Granderson's pop would play well at Camden Yards, and his speed on a corner OF would help after last year's debacle with a lack of speed flanking Jones on either side.  If the O's can give up one of the aforementioned pitchers for him, I'm good with it.

I'd really prefer Fowler though.  Hell get them both then!

Dan says no Fowler. Heyman says not a Granderson for Brach.

17 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Why would we trade Brach for 1 year of granderson

As good as Brach was at times last year, the organization has Drake to take over for him and Liranzo in the wings. Add in possibly moving Wright to a 7th inning role, and the Orioles have some depth at RH relief options.

7 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

This doesn't line up with your previous post that says Dan is a No for Fowler. said Dexter made a great decision for himself last year.  No hard feelings. No Fowler to the Os. 

Watching him say it. With the pause, that is how I interpreted the comment.  Not interested in Fowler.

3 minutes ago, weams said:

Watching him say it. With the pause, that is how I interpreted the comment.  Not interested in Fowler.

I didn't hear him saying but reading that, I don't know if that means we have no interest. It may mean that his contract demands make him not as interesting at this point. the one thing Fowler and his agents don't lack is a healthy opinion of him.

30 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

As good as Brach was at times last year, the organization has Drake to take over for him and Liranzo in the wings. Add in possibly moving Wright to a 7th inning role, and the Orioles have some depth at RH relief options.

Not for one year of Granderson

17 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I didn't hear him saying but reading that, I don't know if that means we have no interest. It may mean that his contract demands make him not as interesting at this point. the one thing Fowler and his agents don't lack is a healthy opinion of him.

Yeah. I am sure he would be interested. But the Orioles are evidently not pursuing that at all. Rosenthal does think you are right about Bautista BTW. 

Archived