Non-Tenders

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

agreed; what's his market looking like?  Someone just needs to teach him how to take a walk.  Is he still a 30 SB threat?

I think you mostly have to have some power to get walked in the big leagues.  And you can't steal first base. 

20 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I've liked Wellington Castillo for awhle. He's at the top of my list. I suspect the Orioles (Buck) however will wait for Weiters market to dry up and bring him back. Ruby De la Rosa is up there to. I'd take a flyer on Ben Revere also. 

I agree on Castillo. 2.4 WAR last season. .744 career OPS. Seems like a cheap power bat at a position of need. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

I think you mostly have to have some power to get walked in the big leagues.  And you can't steal first base. 

Brandon Belt, Ben Zobrist, Dexter Fowler, Joe Mauer, Jon Villar, Brett Gardner, Cesar Hernandez, DJ LeMahieu, Nick Markakis, Alex Gordon, Kole Calhoun, Chase Headley, Odubel Herrera, Joe Panik... all sluggers, all in the top 50 in walk rate.

You mostly have to be able to tell a ball from a strike, that's Revere's problem.

Archived