Trade for Profar

OriolesMagic83

I think the player that the O's should trade for is Jurickson Profar.  He is a former #1 prospect in all of baseball, and he still has the skill set that made him so highly rate.  He's suffered many injuries, which is why he would be obtainable.  He could play the OF for a year and take over next year for Manny at 3B, with Manny either moving to SS or being traded.  He's good at drawing walks at 8.6% career rate and has some power potential.  He's blocked at 3B by Beltre and at 2B by Odor.

Maybe trade one of our RP to Texas for him.  I think Brach might be enough.  I would rather make this trade than trade for Granderson or Bruce. 

1 hour ago, RZNJ said:

Rangers aren't that dumb.  You are downgrading Profar's value because he wouldn't play infield for us.  So why wouldn't the Rangers just trade him to a team that wants a young ss-2b?  

They can do better than Brad Brach.

We are talking about the same Texas Rangers that gave us Chris Davis and Darren O'Day for Koji Uehara, right?

56 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

We are talking about the same Texas Rangers that gave us Chris Davis and Darren O'Day for Koji Uehara, right?

The Rangers traded Tommy Hunter and Chris Davis for Koji Uehara. O'Day was selected off of waivers from the Rangers.

The Rangers have won 87+ games in 7 of the last 8 seasons, including 5 playoff appearances and 2 World Series appearances.   I don't think you judge their front office on one deadline deal that didn't work out.   

What they'd want for Profar, I don't know.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The Rangers have won 87+ games in 7 of the last 8 seasons, including 5 playoff appearances and 2 World Series appearances.   I don't think you judge their front office on one deadline deal that didn't work out.   

OF Prospects, probably 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/jurickson-profar

According to this, they want Starting pitching.  So I would think you'd have to start with Tillman at least.

Just now, Frobby said:

I'm only teasing, but it's hard to say it didn't work out. The players we got back were blocked and/or out of favor, and Koji made them a better team. If anything, perhaps their fans (and Mariners fans) view us the way we view the Cubs.

Also, I'm not advocating a Brach/Profar trade. I don't think we're in a position to weaken our greatest strength right now.

I think if the Rangers move Profar it's going to be part of a "big" trade (i.e., Sale, McCutchen, etc.). I don't see them moving him for a middle reliever. That said, I'd love to have him.

How does Profar rate as a SS? Only asking because If contract talks (this time next year) stall with Machado he'd be a great player to target via trade, as a part of a package for Machado. Just something to think about long term. 

7 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I think the player that the O's should trade for is Jurickson Profar.  He is a former #1 prospect in all of baseball, and he still has the skill set that made him so highly rate.  He's suffered many injuries, which is why he would be obtainable.  He could play the OF for a year and take over next year for Manny at 3B, with Manny either moving to SS or being traded.  He's good at drawing walks at 8.6% career rate and has some power potential.  He's blocked at 3B by Beltre and at 2B by Odor.

Maybe trade one of our RP to Texas for him.  I think Brach might be enough.  I would rather make this trade than trade for Granderson or Bruce. 

While I don't think Brach alone would land us Profar, I do like the fact that you suggest the Orioles should target someone like Profar. I agree that he still has all the potential in the world and is still young.  It would be nice if DD would think like this and at least inquire with the Rangers to see #1, if Profar is on the block and #2, what would the Rangers be looking for in return.  If the asking price is not absurd, I'd be all for trading for Profar.

2 minutes ago, millertime said:

While I don't think Brach alone would land us Profar, I do like the fact that you suggest the Orioles should target someone like Profar. I agree that he still has all the potential in the world and is still young.  It would be nice if DD would think like this and at least inquire with the Rangers to see #1, if Profar is on the block and #2, what would the Rangers be looking for in return.  If the asking price is not absurd, I'd be all for trading for Profar.

How do you know he hasn't inquired? 

1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

I think DD's MO is he looks every where.

Just out of curiosity, what evidence do you have that suggests that?  Seems like DD has the same MO every year.  Find bargain bin players, trade for middle of the road veterans, etc.  I could certainly be offbase here but I don't recall him trading for any elite prospects.

Archived